We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

Hi,

Ive been banging my head against a wall trying to purchase flights from Guarulhos to Foz do Iguacu via the gol website with one error after another.

After many, many attempts it finally worked however in my annoyed and tired state I have managed to inadvertantly get the flights from Congonhas airport instead of Guarulhos.

With a limited time in Brazil I had planned on going directly from Paraty to the airport but Im not sure its possible to Congonhas.

Ive googled but only get the Guarulhos transfers.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

If you manage to get to Guarulhos airport, you can take the free shuttle bus (provided to Gol customers) to Congonhas airport.

voegol.com.br/en-us/…default.aspx

Salvador
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

Using public transportation, you would have to take the bus from Paraty to the bus station in Sao Paulo. From there, you can get transportation to the downtown Congonhas airport. It actually might be easier than trying to get way out to GRU. OF course, I'm sure you paid more for the flight.

Edited: 2:37 pm, May 11, 2012
cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

Thanks for the replies, prices of flights were the same. Might have to spend a night in Sao Paulo though as I think getting to the airport on time for an early afternoon flight from paraty might be overly optomistic.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

I agree. The best option is to go straight to GRU airport and there take the free transfer provided by Gol towards COG airport.

Just have your boarding pass already printed in order to save time and show it to the driver that he will allow your entrance to the bus.

5. Re: Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, June 07, 2012
cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

no im going paraty - Congonhas- Foz do Iguacu

Do ye reckon for a 2pm flight thats doable with public transport on the one day?

Looking forward to seeing yere beautiful country, will be visiting rio, ihla grande and Jundiai for a wedding too.

Thanks for helping

cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

There now and thinking of the 11,30 night bus, anyone experience of it?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

It is probably a good choice, specially because it will be possible to have a good sleepping night in that quite comfort bus.

9. Re: Getting to Congonhas airport from Paraty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 22, 2013