We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach is this?

ca
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach is this?

Can someone please identify these beaches?

photos-voyages.com/selection/paraty-bay.html

v-brazil.com/tourism/…paraty.html

We're looking for a clean, pretty beach to hang out for 2 hours or so. Somewhere w can take a cab or short boat ride to/from our pousada in the historic center. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach is this?

I may be wrong, but this is a beach on a small island, about 15 minutes by boat from the city center. From it, you can see the famous shoreline of paraty. Anyway, if this is not the specific beach, there are many similar close by.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach is this?

Yes Seven, I also think it is that one. It is Corumbe.

Calitrip, here is a website where you can see some good pictures of many options of beaches in Paraty and its surroundings.

www.paraty.com.br/fotosparaty.asp?id=1620

www.paraty.com.br/ilhas_praias/praias.asp

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which beach is this?

You should also visit Catimbau island, where you will have the opportunity to experience a great fresh and typical meal: drink a caipirinha and eat a seafood board at the Caca Restaurant.

Santos, Brazil
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which beach is this?

I asked Helio Magalhães, who is author of Brazilian Cruising Guides. He is also with latitudecharters.com.br and knows the region. He informs that this is "Praia da Lula" (something like Squid Beach), and it is right in front of Catimbau Island (Paraty).

ca
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which beach is this?

Thank you all! So sounds like you'd recommend we just schedule a 3-4 hour tour to one of the islands? That way we get pretty beach and no transportation hassles. Any recs would be much appreciated! The smaller the group, the better. Thanks again.

Edited: 4:15 am, December 12, 2011
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which beach is this?

There are about 20 schooners waiting for tourists every morning at the Paraty Pier. They usually leave at 10am. You can choose "your" boat before and them, negotiate the prive for your group. I suppose, for a good relaxing day you should spend, at least, 4 hours.

The area explored by these schooners at Paraty seaside area is, actually, a bay, so, doesn´t matter if the beach is in an island or not, it will have a nice and tranquil setting.

One of my favorites are Corumbê and Catimbau (the one I´ve already advised you to stop for a lunch!), but you may ask your sailor about the recent conditions of the diferent places (if it will be crowded by the time you arrive), as well as his personal preferences.

Try to do that on a week day.

ca
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which beach is this?

Awesome - thank you! Rough idea of cost for two people for 4 hours schooner trip?

Also, totally dumb tourist question, but on our way back to Paraty, would we be able to take a photo of the first view which appears on every website about Paraty? :) If not, what's the vantage point to take this shot?

…blogspot.com/2010/05/visiting-historic-para…

http://www.fee.unicamp.br/itw2011/paraty.php

Edited: 9:58 pm, December 12, 2011
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which beach is this?

Hi Cali!

You can take your "exclusive shooner" for two people for 4 hours with R$ 200,00 to R$ 250,00 (I use to ask another couple in the Pier to share it... that can turn it even cheaper and won´t hurt the atmosphere, as the shooner is not so small).

Yes, you´re right, the main city´s postcard can only be photographed by boat just 5´after or before the Pier.

9. Re: Which beach is this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, June 22, 2013