We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busmans Holiday

Which Paraty hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Busmans Holiday

Hi,

My wife and I are touring South America and thought it would be ideal to enjoy New Years eve in Paraty......

Before booking a hostel / hotel I wanted to know we could book a bus to and from Rio....

Due to the time of year I presume I will need to pre book my Bus tickets!

I know themain company is Coste Verde and I have tried emailing them four times but can't get a response and I dont speak portugese.

Have I got it right is this the only bus company doing the route.

And has anyone got any other ideas on how I can book bus tickets and any recommendations for the best restaurant to have dinner on NYE.

Due to the minimal 5 nights all the hostels require we would plan on travelling from Rio on the 28th and back on the 2nd Jan 2011.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Busmans Holiday

Well, I went on their website and I don't think you can use that to book if you aren't a Brazilian in Brazil (site wants address in Brazil and CPF). Why don't you ask the hotel you are booking to reserve the tickets for you (with the credit card info used to reserve your accomodation) ?

Kent
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busmans Holiday

Thanks for the help your definitely right about them wanting a brazilian address.

I phoned there sales department and they only spoke protugese no english or spanish.....

Sadly my hostel barely replies to requests to book it let alone be helpful.

Does anyone know of a travel agency or company who you can book Costa Verde tickets through....

I am pulling my hair out

Kent
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busmans Holiday

Thanks for the help your definitely right about them wanting a brazilian address.

I phoned Costa Verde sales department and they only spoke protugese no english or spanish.....

Sadly my hostel barely replies to requests to book it let alone be helpful.

Does anyone know of a travel agency or company who you can book Costa Verde tickets through....

I am pulling my hair out

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busmans Holiday

In this website www.paratytours.com.br there's a transportation from Rio de Janeiro to Paraty and other useful information. Avaiable in English and Spanish too.

5. Re: Busmans Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 05, 2011