We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
8 helpful votes
had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

we plan to go to Brazil next month and have checked various transportation options. We decided to go with a private transfer that just makes things easier. we have looked at both green toad and easy transfer, it just seems that easy transfer has better prices and the service seems the same. has anyone used their service before and is willing to share some experiences?

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
61 reviews
57 helpful votes
1. Re: had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

Another good option, very reliable and not expensive is Paraty Tours. they either do transfers from an hotel in Rio or directly from the GIG airport, international airport of Rio. the site is :www.paratytour.com.br .

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
61 reviews
57 helpful votes
2. Re: had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

I mean: www.paratytours.com.br

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
23 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

If you look back a few posts there are a few company's that seem to have a decent reputation.

Myself, I used GREEN TOAD BUSSES , fantstic..no problems. From my hotel in Copacabanna to the Village of Abrao.

Bloomfield, New...
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

Hello - I've got the same question... did you end up using Easy Transfer? If so, how was it? Sounds like a great deal. I'll be heading to Ilha Grande & Paraty from the Rio airport.

Thanks!

Atlanta, GA
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

I am wondering the same thing about Easy Transfer. Please let me know if it worked out!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,248 reviews
1,743 helpful votes
6. Re: had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

Green Toad Bus is the one I recommend. Both by first hand experience and by other visitors positive report.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

I used easy transfer today and they were great! Picked me up directly from my hostel and made a quick stop for lunch. One thing to remember, bring cash for the transfer and the island if you're going to Ilha Grande. Also, Pousada Pedicinho do ceu is wonderful!

Santiago, Chile
1 post
1 review
8. Re: had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

We took easy transfer from the airport to Ilha Grande- then Paraty and then again to Rio ... great expirience. The buses were nice and on time, the drivers profetional. I would travel with them again if I went to Brasil.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
85 reviews
52 helpful votes
9. Re: had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

You get what you pay for - yes, "easy transfer" is cheaper than "green toad", but it is also slower, more disorganized and not so professional. We got to the island 2 hours later than planned and there was no speed boat, and it wasn't "easy" - well, got there in the end, but do NOT recommend it

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1 post
82 reviews
25 helpful votes
10. Re: had anyone tried "Easy Transfer" (Rio - Ilha Grande)

I booked through Green Toad, who utilize Easy Transfer for some of their shuttles from Ilha Grande to Rio. The shuttle was modern, clean and on-time. In general the drivers in Brazil are somewhat aggressive. Unfortunately our Easy Transfer driver was more aggressive than others. He passed in blind spots and forced other vehicles off the road. Looking back we never felt safe and should have taken another shuttle. We took many shuttles while travelling in Brazil, so it's justified to conclude our Easy Transfer driver was less qualified than any of the others.