We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers

Toronto, Canada
14 posts
Save Topic
Transfers

It seems that the Fast Connection website is not working and wanted to see if anyone knew the best connection to get from Rio to Ilha Grande to Paraty and back to Rio.

I wanted to do this with my boyfriend, leaving on a Monday to Ilha Grande, Tues to Paraty and Thurs back to Rio.

Possible?

From the costa verde bus and ferry times, it looks like you have to get the 8am ferry from RODOVIÁRIA station or from Angra at 15:30. Is it cost effective to do something like Green Toad bus then instead? Just seemed a little expensive.... but maybe not!

Thanks! :)

Ilha Grande, Rio de...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers

The website is not working? What is wrong? Do you have the rigth address?

If you do not want wake up so early you can take the bus to Angra and then the ferry boat.

Other way is go from Rio to Paraty and from there to Ilha Grande.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers

You can also book with the company Paraty tours, www.paratytours.com.br, they have good price, very confortable mini buses.

3. Re: Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:09 am, July 31, 2012
Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers

I used Green Toad this past March. Great experience. Would (and will) use them on my next trip!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers

I am more one vote for Green Toad Bus!

Worth every penny you will pay.

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers

I agree with Oakley75 i've just used them following an overland trip, which I found very restrictive the service which they offer is great, would highly recommend them

7. Re: Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 29, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ilha Grande