We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shall we book accomodation in advance or when we arrive?

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Shall we book accomodation in advance or when we arrive?

Hi All,

I will be in Ilha Grande in December for 3 nights. Would you recommend booking accomodation online in advance?

I have read that upon arrival there are many people offering accomodation. Is this a good idea to book from them? How much is it likely to cost and what is the accomodation like? Secure? Clean?

Also am i correct in thinking that most people stay in Abraao and take day excursions? Which excursions would you recommend?

Thanks for your help

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shall we book accomodation in advance or when we arrive?

For a safe and clean accomodation, research a bit and do it in advance - by the way, december is the beggining of the high season.

ilhagrande.com.br/pousadas-hotel-resorts-cam…

You could find something good by these guys that "attack" you when you land in the "Ilha" but that would be the exception, not the general rule. They offer their "services" and their rooms, that are, usually, a pleasant but very simple family-style house with a friendly but not so professional attention (sometimes it is a small Inn or even a fishermen´s home).

2. Re: Shall we book accomodation in advance or when we arrive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ilha Grande