We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ilha Grande Posadas

Minneapolis
5 posts
Save Topic
Ilha Grande Posadas

I'm interested in staying in a Posada on Ilhe Grande that is comfortable, a little nicer than the average, with air conditioning, great ocean views with balcony facing the ocean. Would be nice to be right by the beach area. I don't want to be in a noisy area. I'm considering Tagomago , Ancoradouro, Manaca, Naturalia. Do you have opinions of these? or any others you would recommend? $250 Reais approximate price range preferred. Thank you for any help you give!

São Paulo
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ilha Grande Posadas

Hi mark!

I was also planing to go to ilha grande and I was trying to find something like that but untill the moment I just get nothing! A friend of mine told me that there is a companie in rio which offers accomotadion outside rio maybe we can find anyhting!

http://www.accomodationinrio.net

I gonna keep searching for more options I tell you let´s keep in touch! when do you intend to go?

see you

San Francisco area
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ilha Grande Posadas

I just got back from Ilha Grande and posted a review about pousada Lagamar. It doesn't exactly fits your description b/c the rooms don't have A/C and are very basic but it's location is spectacular, fantastic views, and the beach is only 2-3 minute walk. There is also a path to natural pools straight down from the pousada. The cost is well within your price range, especially considering the dinner that the owner prepares himself and is absolutely delicious.

ilhagrande.org/pousadalagamar/pousada.html

Minneapolis
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ilha Grande Posadas

I'm going the first week of February.

Thank you for your response.

Let me know what you find out.

Minneapolis
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ilha Grande Posadas

Thank you very much Michael. I will check it out.

Minneapolis
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ilha Grande Posadas

Michael -- Pousada Lagamar looks very interesting. The only negative is that it seems to be quite remote from the village area. Did you have any problems getting to other areas of the island?

Thanks! Mark

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
94 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ilha Grande Posadas

www.viajeaqui.com.br/ilhagrande

…abril.com.br/g4r/…

Edited: 3:20 pm, December 02, 2009
San Francisco area
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ilha Grande Posadas

Yes, it's definitely remote from the main village (Vila do Abraão). I haven't been there and can't really tell you if it's a bad or a good thing though.

The pousada itself is about 5-7 minute walk through the forest from the pier of Praia Vermelha. You need to take a ferry "Sea Blue" from Angra, it leaves at 7am and 3pm, we paid around $R60 for both of us for the round-trip. The lady on the ferry who collected the money asked us which pousada we were heading to, and then as the boat was approaching the island, she called the owner (Mel) who sent a man to meet us at the pier. The man walked us through the forest to the pousada, and he also offered to carry our luggage.

So it's about 5-7 minute walk to Praia Vermelha that has a couple of restaurants/bars, and another pousada.

It takes about 45 minutes of hiking to reach another village - Araçatiba. There are a couple of very nice beaches on the way. That village has several pousadas and restaurants. However we definitely liked our pousada MUCH more than anything else we have seen on the island.

The villages themselves are really not impressive at all, and I would actually recommend to stay in a remote pousada. We were on the island during weekdays, and all bars and restaurants were closed during the day - so there were absolutely no advantage in staying at a village.

Michael.

Minneapolis
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ilha Grande Posadas

Thanks much for the info Michael!

We've been communicating with Mel and he seems like an excellent host.

His prices are lower than the Pousadas in the Vila do Abraao area and includes the dinner also. We wanted to check out Lopes Mendez beach also and it's a very long distance from Lagamar..... but maybe other beaches close by are just as nice. We are leaning the direction of the Lagamar and will lock something in soon, as they will sell out for the busy season soon I'm assuming. Any negatives with Lagamar? Thanks again!

9. Re: Ilha Grande Posadas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 02, 2010