We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buzios or Ilha Grande

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Buzios or Ilha Grande

Hi

I'm a backpacker travelling solo, coming to the end of my trip. I am looking to spend 3 days chilling on a beach but also meet people.

I've been recommended to go to Buzios and Ilha Grande.

Any thoughts

thanks

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buzios or Ilha Grande

no doubts, ilha grande. location is 100x nicer and you'll meet lots of people in your situation. also there are sevaral low-priced lodges in abraao (capital of the island). the island is different to most things you've visited. no cars allowed, no banks, transportation is only by foot or boat. getting there is an experience itself. don't miss lopes mendes. if you can walk ther, even better.

- guido

2. Re: Buzios or Ilha Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, May 09, 2009
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buzios or Ilha Grande

Have been to both and would recommend Ilha Grande by a long way!

London
Level Contributor
108 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buzios or Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande is amazing. Wish I could have spent more time there, will deffinately go back if I ever get the chance to go back to Brazil.

I miss Bolo man and his amazing cake trolley. Legend.

5. Re: Buzios or Ilha Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:36 am, October 31, 2009