We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip down memory lane advice please!

warwickshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Trip down memory lane advice please!

Just planning a return visit to Buzios to celebrate our 20 wedding anniversary which is approaching. Back then (1993) we were escaping the hectic life of Rio (main part of our honeymoon) for a few days and came across Baracuda Resort which was enjoyable but a little remote. By the looks of things Buzios has changed a lot. So my question is where to stay as a couple in our early fifties who like some peace and quiet (and a little luxury) but not far from bars and restarants. All advice welcome.

buzios
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip down memory lane advice please!

You will find that Buzios has changed a great deal in 20 years, but you can still find the peace and tranquillity there. I would agree that you will want to be close to the center rather than Barracuda which is out near Manguinhos. I would recommend that you consider hotels and pousadas on Morro do Humaita. Depending upon your budget you might consider Casas Brancas or Vila D'este at the high end, Abracadbra in the middle and Pousada Saint Germain at the lower end. All are within a short (5 to 10 minute) walk of the center and 15 or so minutes from great beaches -Azeda, Joao Fernandes, Brava, Forno... All are good places, and you can check out the reviews here. My personal preference is to economize a little on the room as I do not spend a lot of time in the room, thus freeing up a little more cash for dining and diversions, but to each their own. I have stayed at Pousada Saint Germain a couple of times and found it to be a very nice, a comfortable, relaxed place where there is an American owner - which is important to me given my limited Portuguese.

Congradulations on 20 years!!!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip down memory lane advice please!

Greetings, Intrepid!

For your goal, my favorite ones in Buzios are:

Casas Brancas Boutique - Hotel & Spa

Vila d'este (closer to the action).

buzios
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip down memory lane advice please!

Gusdali... Casas Brancas and Vila D'Este are right next door to each other!! Yes, Vila D'Este is "closer" maybe 15 meters, but would you really call that a difference worthy of influencing a decision???

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip down memory lane advice please!

Oh! Of course not, they are so close... I am used to write that compliment about Vila D´Este when I compare that with other gold standarts acommodations such as the good but not so well situated Pousada e Spa Pedra da Laguna, not Casas Brancas. Sorry and Thanks for that,Travellingfor! A helpful correction for that topic, no doubt.

Intrepid,

Btw, even if yo choose the Vila d´Este, one thing not to be missed is a sunset drink at Rocka Bar, the Casas Brancas´ ocean front bar!

Edited: 3:16 pm, March 27, 2012
buzios
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip down memory lane advice please!

While the bar/restaurant at Casas Brancas does give a good view of the sunset, Rocka Bar - which also owned by the folks who own Casas Brancas and Abracadabra - is actually at Praia Brava and you will have a hard time seeing the sunset from Praia Brava - which opens to the ocean on the NorthEast.

Along Orla Bardot you will find restaurants and bars - such as Anexo or Satyricon (or for a low end, but much more local feel - Biroska do Peixe for the por do sol cerveja).

6. Re: Trip down memory lane advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:40 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios