We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casas brancas versus abracadabra

Which Armacao dos Buzios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
casas brancas versus abracadabra

Does anyone know if it is worth it to stay (and spend more) for Casas Brancas versus Abracadabra?

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: casas brancas versus abracadabra

Casas Brancas is NOT worth the extra money it charges. Villa D' Este or Abracadabra are better hotels. The service and hospitality in Casas Brancas is, to say the least, lacking tremendously. It's quaint and charming...however, many areas smell of mildew or sewage...I gather it's from the pool perhaps...The view is spectacular but so is the view from the hotels I mentioned above. I have stayed here 3 days and was planning on staying for a week. The service and treatment by the staff is alarming.

You must flag a waiter down and ask for service. They hang around, talk to each other...meanwhile, your dying of heat and dehydration. No water service in sight. lol

They don't even look over at you to just check to see if maybe at some point you might require their services. I spent the majority of my time on the hotel grounds. It's hard to remember exactly how many times I had to get up from sunbathing to walk over to order anything. Mind you this is supposed to be a resteraunt service area. No service in site. It's easy to become frustrated.

I had a horrendous and shameful experience at Casas Brancas. I would highly suggest looking at the hotel next door where I have stayed over the years. The difference in atmosphere and service is far superior to that of CB.

st helens merseyside
Level Contributor
217 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casas brancas versus abracadabra

I stayed at abracadbra last year january 2011 and am returning this january 2012 I looked around the Casa Brancas and was really glad i was not staying there. Too many couples wrapped up in themselves for me no atmosphere Abracadabra is absolutely lovely and the pool area is stunning and staff so friendly. Breakfast is amazing and beautifully set out with lovely fresh fruits, cold meats,eggs cooked to order fruit juice cereals and assorted pastries Sparking wine also.

I found Casa Brancas atmosphere is seem very aloof inpersonal where as the Abracadabra was so friendly with a warm welcome.

I suppose it depends what you like and if you are also a couple who like this type of hotel . Everyone is different

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casas brancas versus abracadabra

Abracadabra is, no doubt more friendly and has a more intimate atmosphere.

But if one is lokoing for a seafront room and something closer to the beach, the Casas Brancas is a very interesting place. Unfortunetely, in the last months, claims about its staff have been frequent in that forum.

buzios
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: casas brancas versus abracadabra

Casas Brancas and Abracadabra are owned by the same folks - they are sister hotels with Abracadabra being a little less costly. The management attitude, obviously is the same. They are separated by Villa D'este - maybe 50 meters. Please think about how much time you will actually spend in your room to justify the outrageous prices that they demand for the view... that is if you purchase a room with the view of the ocean, The rooms without the view of the ocean are even more overpriced. when you consider that you do not see the ocean. There are much better options available - for example, on the very same street, just the other side of the hill, there is Solar do Navagantes and Pousada Saint Germain.. their prices are much much more reasonable - enough that you could probably go ahead and stay there and pay for dinner in one of the better restaurants at night for the same amount of money that you will spend just for the room at Casas Brancas or Abracadabra. Certainly, the location of Morro do Humaita is probably the BEST in all of Buzios as you are close to the center (5 to 8 minutes walking on Orla Bardot) as well as being within walking distance to many fine beaches.

Buzios is no longer a cheap seaside resort. Check out your options and you may find that your money will go a lot further by staying in nearby pousadas without the ocean view... just go to the beach when you want to see the ocean.. or go down to Orla Bardot and find a little restaurant or bar to watch the sunset...

Earth
Level Contributor
441 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: casas brancas versus abracadabra

We prefer Casa Brancas as there is nothing more luxurious that a seafront room with open windows and the wind blowing through. Just depends on how you wish to allocate your funds.

6. Re: casas brancas versus abracadabra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios