We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-payment for accommodation in Buzios

offshore Brazil
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-payment for accommodation in Buzios

What thoughts to you people out there have regarding the request for full, up front payment by means of a photocopy of both sides of your credit card and a copy of your passport. We will be visiting in March for a couple of weeks, we've decided upon the Baía do João Pousada. Any comments regarding this pousada and suggestions for payment from the UK?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
62 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-payment for accommodation in Buzios

This is common when you process Credit Cards in Brazil. The Merchant account requires the vendor keep your documentation on file. No worries we now do this in teh USA too for all our clients that travel to south america. I work with many hotels in brazil and they all will do this, if they didnt I'd be scared... hehe

Mike

Bucharest, Romania
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-payment for accommodation in Buzios

Hi,

I travelled to Buzios at the beginning of this year and was also puzzled about this habit :)

We arrived there on January 1st and were told that we will have a hard time finding accomodation because it's a very busy period, as a lot of people spend New Year in Buzios.

We were amazed how many hotels and pousadas exist..plenty for from high to budget..there were a lot of very good hotels that had availability..

If you don't feel comfortable with giving the credit cards details, just go there directly without booking..you will find accomodation for sure..

I would recomend to check also Angra dos Reis if you like nature...I did't fancy Buzios, but of course it depends on everyone's tastes..stayed there 4 nights and I think that 2 would have been more than enough..

Ana

3. Re: Pre-payment for accommodation in Buzios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Armacao dos Buzios