We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach and night life at Porto Galinhas

SANTIAGO- CHILE
Level Contributor
21 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Beach and night life at Porto Galinhas

Is the beach at Nannai Resort like a caribbean beach? white sand, clear and warm water, no waves, etc. ?.

And the night life? Is safe Porto Galinhas?. How to get to Nannai Resort to Porto Galinhas? (i believe that Nannai is near but isn´t at Porto Galinhas. It is necesary rent a car?

Thank for your help

Belfast
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach and night life at Porto Galinhas

Hi, We stayed at Nannai for our honeymoon for 10 nights in mid July and it was fantastic. The beach at Nannai is not like a caribbean beach though in that there is a reef that the waves break on out from the beach so it leaves a large strip of water inside the reef that is calm and you can swim or kayak in. The water is beautiful (but I'm irish and am used to swimming in really cold water)

Porto Galinhas is safe as much as anywhere can be these days. While there are bars and restaurants there we never realy stayed out partying there late into the night so I have no experience of the nightclubs there.

There really isn't alot in the town with shop after shop selling statues of chickens and stuff like that although we did come across some other decent stores that sold good quality stuff.

Nannai is about 6 miles away and if you are staying there there is a free bus that takes you from nannai to porto de Galinhas and back about three times a day.

You can get a taxi back for a fair price no problem as we did on one occassion.

But Nannai itself is fantastic and I would highly recommend it. see the reviews section on the hotel and enjoy your stay.

2. Re: Beach and night life at Porto Galinhas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 19, 2009