We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there Attractions besides parties?

LA
2 posts
Save Topic
Are there Attractions besides parties?

I am looking to go to Porto de Galinhas in October.. Are there any tours, or Museums or anything fun to do? Also how is the weather out there during mid October? I looked online to find attractions but I couldn't find anything to do beside the hotels and beaches...maybe there is a city close that we can go that has more attractions... Anyone has an idea of other things to do? Thanks

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there Attractions besides parties?

Parties?

Porto de Galinhas is a small beach town about an hour south of Recife. Activities include jangada rides to the pools in the reef, and other beachy things. In Recife, you can find museums like the Olaria de Brennard, and historical areas like Recife Velho and the nearby town of Olinda, named a UNESCO World Heritage center. Recife also has a nice but non-swimmable beach, and wonderful food. A side trip to the feira in Caruaru is another option. October should bring nice weather for sightseeing and the beach in that area.

If you are looking for a place that is mostly party-party, though, you might want to do a bit more research. Try Rio or Morro do Sao Paulo, Bahia or Itacare, Bahia.

LA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there Attractions besides parties?

Thanks for that information... Yeah I don't party so I was looking for other things to do like horse back riding, tours, Museums, jet skiing, suba diving, live entertainment, shows, etc. How far do I have to travel to do these things. Our hotel will most likely be at the Enotel Porto de Galinhas Resort and Spa. Is that a good hotel to stay at? Is it good for couples/honyemooners?

Thanks!!

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,957 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there Attractions besides parties?

at your hotel you will find possibilities for scuba-diving and tours for other near beachs...one of them might include horse backriving

visiteportodegalinhas.com/portodegalinhas/…

You can´t go wrong with the hotel although the perfect one for honneymoon there is Nannai

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there Attractions besides parties?

Again, Porto de Galinhas is a relatively small beachside village, with beach and water activities as its focus. As mentioned, the nearest city is Recife, an hour away by bus, which has some cultural activites, such as museums (which would need added time to reach).

If you are looking to combine the cultural with the beach, perhaps you should look at Salvador.

Toscana - Pernambuco
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there Attractions besides parties?

Hello, rinadina21!

Porto de Galinhas is one of the most famous beaches in Brazil, for the 7th time choosen by Brazilian and foreigners turists as the best beach in Brazil.

One of the few places in Brazil where you can go for a ride late at night with security.

There you can: swimming, dyving, canoeing, make a jangada excursion to the visit the mangroves. Then, you can go walking to Pontal de Maracaipe (right side) or Praia do Cupe (left side) and do your surfing, bodyboarding, kite surfing. Then, you can go by buggy to Muro Alto and rent a jetsky or try the bananaboat. Local tour agencies offer also: offroad excursions to other beaches, Natural parks and to visit some sugarcane plantations.

The hotel you choose is a very modern and recent construction. Not so romantic for your honeymoon. I advice you to try Nannai or Summerville. Both offer romantic bungalows in front of the beach.

For your cultural tours, you must visit Recife (a very important city in Brazil for its diverse cultural/musical importance) and Olinda, both with too many historical museums, the downtown with bars, discos, restaurants, suvenier markets and much more.

Say "hello" to the chickens - galinhas in Porto de Galinhas! ;-) And happy honeymoon!

6. Re: Are there Attractions besides parties?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, June 17, 2009
7. Re: Are there Attractions besides parties?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, December 15, 2009