We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Maracaipe

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Safety in Maracaipe

Hello!!! does anyone know about the safety near Porto de Galinhas? I'm staying with my boyfriend at Bahia de Maracaipe end of February, and i'm a little worried about that...

Anyway... it seems a very calm place.

Another point that i'm afraid of, are the insect, like mosquitos and spiders haha... any comment?

MANY THX!!

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in Maracaipe

Smaller beach towns are usually pretty tranquil. You hsouldn;t have any worries.

If you think you might have a problem with mosquitos in a room, you can buy a device at the supermarket that plugs into an outlet and uses a wafer whose scent keeps them away. But I don't remember being bitten at all walking around or sitting outside at night in that area.

vienna
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in Maracaipe

Hello

There is nothing you have to worry about - I've been there with my family and it is a great place to be.

This beach is one of the best I have seen on this planet. Also I have to say that everyone we met there was absolutely friendly.

Haven't seen any animals you should be afraid off.

vienna
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in Maracaipe

Hello

There is no need to be concerned about the safety near Porto de Galinhas. I was there last month with my family and this beach is one of the best I have seen on this planet. Also I have to say that everyone we met there is absolutely friendly.

No animals you should be afraid of.

Cheers

Ice

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety in Maracaipe

Hi Caro

Maracaipe is beautiful, and don't worry its safe.

As to Mosquitoes, by a can or spray bottle of OFF repellent for your body, and the Plug in repellents for your apartment and you'll be fine.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety in Maracaipe

NO need to worry at all ! Porto de Galinhas has it all ! Night life, Amazing Food, Great Bars, and one of the most beautiful beaches I´ve ever seen ! Have a good time !

6. Re: Safety in Maracaipe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 17, 2009