We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visitng During World Cup in July 2014

london
Level Contributor
984 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Visitng During World Cup in July 2014

Hi - During my World cup visit next year I am keen to visit the falls on both the Brazil and Argentine side. I am looking to book using TAM as they have the best fares (£134) whereas Gol have decided to increase their fares 5-fold from prior to the World Cup to £412.

I am due to arrive at midday and leave at 15.15 the following day. I was hoping to go straight from the airport (IGU) to the Brazil falls until they close and then spend the night on the Brazil side near the border. The following day I would wake up early and cross the border and see the falls on the Argentine side and then get back for my 1515 flight.

Is this doable if not then I can stay an extra 3 hours and leave on the Gol flight but it will cost me an extra £200?

Thanks for your help.

Sat

london
Level Contributor
984 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visitng During World Cup in July 2014

Hi Guys any help?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
5,112 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visitng During World Cup in July 2014

try posting the same question on the Argentine side forum as well:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g312804-i6882-Igua…

london
Level Contributor
984 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visitng During World Cup in July 2014

Thanks have done so now.

london
Level Contributor
984 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visitng During World Cup in July 2014

Hi I have just booked my flights to the falls, I am planning on seeing the brazil falls on the day we arrive and then visit the argentine falls the following day. Our flight back from IGU is due at 15.15 so

1. What time should we leave argentine falls to get back to airport.

2. I assume quickest way back is via taxi, hOw much would I pay

3. Should we stay on argentine side overnight.

Thanks for your help.

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visitng During World Cup in July 2014

"Is this doable if not then I can stay an extra 3 hours "

It's doable. It's not worth to spend the extra $300 (I don't have the pound sign), but, if I were you I'd reverse the itinerary: first day Argentine, second day Brazil.

The reason is very simple: you'll be in the "right" side for your flight! I wouldn't like to have to cross a border with just, lets say, one hour tolerance.

Don't get me wrong, it's an easy cross, but.... better safe than sorry.

Sao Paulo,Brazil
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visitng During World Cup in July 2014

" Should we stay on argentine side overnight."

I would. It's much smaller, cozy, better restaurants and you can walk to any of them.

7. Re: Visitng During World Cup in July 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 25, 2014