We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public bus to Argentina

Which Foz do Iguacu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Public bus to Argentina

I am a little confused about taking the public bus to Argentina, will I be allowed on the bus with luggage? I will have one suitcase and one roll type carry on with me. How late do the buses run? i don't want to be stuck at the border. Where do the buses stop relative to accomodation on the Argentine side?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Public bus to Argentina

You can take luggage ON the bus... its a typical city bus so there is no cargo space or anything. So if you can manage to secure your luggage while sitting you will be okay. Once you reach the border, everyone gets off, goes through customs/immigration, and then boards the bus again, the driver will wait for everyone to re-board so dont worry about being stuck. Worse case scenario you can wait for the next bus.

Check Argentina for VISA requirements but I entered with a Canadian passport with no hassle or fees. The bus goes to the main bus terminal in Puerto Iguacu and from there you can take a taxi or another bus to your hotel or hostel. Puerto Iguacu has great bus service for a small city and you can even take the public bus to the Iguacu park.

the only thing I cant remember is if I had to pay again for bus after entering Argentina. Either way, its only a few pesos or reais and is much much cheaper than taxi to go across.

You can board the bus in Brasil at the main station or some other stops outside the city. Just look for the bus that says Puorto Iguacu on the front.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public bus to Argentina

The bus only costs a few Reais. You can pick it up at any of the bus stops on the road towards the border - it's marked Puerto Iguazu Argentina.

We did this a few days ago, but the bus did not wait. It drops you off at Brazil immigration and you get the next one. Keep hold of your ticket, there is no need to buy a new one.

The next bus will wait at Immigration (everyone at the argentine border gets checked, whereas brazil don't really seem to car who leaves!) It's then straight through to the bus terminal in Puerto Iguazu.

It's a short walk down the hill to most of the accommodation (though this would depend on where you are staying)

As a US citizen, there is a reciprocity fee for entering argentina by air but this only seems to apply when coming into EZE or Jorge Newbury. Crossing in via a land border is free.

Jon

www.theintrepidexplorers.com

3. Re: Public bus to Argentina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, June 20, 2013