We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation and restuarants

Which Foz do Iguacu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Accommodation and restuarants

There are three guys travelling to see the Iguaçu falls in mid Feb. We all like a nice accommodation, drink and good food. I was wondering is it better to stay near the falls or in town. This s could be on the Argentine or the Brazil side if Iguaçu.

If we are to stay in town what places are close to where we can have a drink and eat in a nice restaurant.

Any suggestions for restaurants or accommodation would be grateful.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
36 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation and restuarants

I just spent 3 days at the falls and stayed 2 nights at the Hotel Das Cataratas, the hotel in the park at the Brazil side. It is a high end hotel but I think it was value for money. The falls are literately "across from the street" and I can go enjoy the scenery any time I want. Watching sunset over the falls were priceless moments to me. The facilities and service of the hotel was generally good too.

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation and restuarants

Right now Argentina is wide more convenient than Brazil. At the Argentinean side there is the Sheraton directly inside the National Park. The city of Foz, at the brazilian side is larger and has lots of hotels, quite close to downtown, but not close to the falls. I stayed at Falls Galli with breakfast and 1 meal included, but every extra was very expensive, like the use of the internet.

Santos, SP
Level Contributor
283 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation and restuarants

Avoid Argentina.

Brazil is the best option,

The city has more otions the hotels are better and the view from brazilian side of the park is better then the Argentina side.

Also make a visit to Itaipu one of the largest hidrletric facility of the world. Of course it is in the brazilian side.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
729 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation and restuarants

Besides you have more options in Brazilian side in terms of hotels and restaurants you also have the best view of the falls including The Devil's Throat. The Hotel das Cataratas or even Hotel Bourbon will be the best choices, you will be in a walking distance to the falls.

Levy L.

5. Re: Accommodation and restuarants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 17, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Foz do Iguacu