We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Correct order of activities in Foz

Hamburg, Germany
5 posts
Save Topic
Correct order of activities in Foz

Hello

we stay 2 nights in Foz, arriving 4pm and leaving the day after tomorrow at 4pm. During this time we want to do

- See the Falls from Brasil Side

- See the Falls from Argentinian Side

- Make a boat trip under the falls (which country is better?)

- Walk through the Brazil NP, when time left do some activities there

Could someone recommend what to do first in order to be able to do all things? Is it possible? Arriving at 4pm leaves not much time to do some activities

Better to do this organized or on our own?

Could someone recommend a hostel (cheap one) in Foz?

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Susanne

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Correct order of activities in Foz

You don't say when you plan to go, but if it's rainy season, be aware that it can REALLY rain. So be prepared to take immediate advantage of good weather. The view over the top of the falls from the Argentina side is more impressive, and there is probably more to 'do' on that side, so I'd make it my priority. That's not to belittle the Brazilian side, which offers a breathtaking panorama of the falls and great walking. Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Hamburg, Germany
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Correct order of activities in Foz

Hello

thank you for your opinion. We will be there from 1st to 3rd september 2011,so I hope there will not be any rain.

thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Correct order of activities in Foz

Argentinean Falls first (and last). Complex and fantastic experience You need 4 hours to see everything leisurely (w/o the boat trip). It's better than they advertise.

No point to go to the tiny Brazilian park, unless you have plenty of time.

Start early or you'll be less happy because of the quickly building crowds. Start with The Devil’s Throat (even though it would be fantastic to save this for the grand finale).

Enjoy!

Hamburg, Germany
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Correct order of activities in Foz

Thank you for the tip. Seems to be the best to go first (and last;-) to the argentinian side. Another problem I have ist the currency. As we want to travel on our own we do have to pay the national parc in pesos. But there is not ATM near by. How can I manage that? I don´t want to go in town first only to change money. Is there a possibility to get money changed?

5. Re: Correct order of activities in Foz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 08, 2012