We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from IGR Airport (ARG) to Foz Iguaçu town (BRA)

San Leandro, CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
How to get from IGR Airport (ARG) to Foz Iguaçu town (BRA)

I wanted your advice on how to get from IGR Airport (Argentina) to Foz do Iguaçu town (Brazil).

Will be arriving into IGR Airport in Argentina and will be staying in the town of Foz do Iguaçu (hotel is within a few blocks of the bus station in Foz Iguacu)

There are two of us and we already have our visas for Brazil.

Can anyone answer the following questions for me:

1. Is there a direct bus from IGR Airport (Argentina) to Foz do Iguaçu town (Brazil)? (I presume the answer is no)

2. If no direct bus, where do we have to transfer?

3. How long is this trip?

4. If we hired a taxi, how much would the approximate cost be and how long would it take? (would an Argentinian taxi driver take us all the way into Brazil?)

Again, we already have our hotel booked in Foz do Iguaçu town (Brazil), so please no suggestions about staying at other places.

Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
131 reviews
1. Re: How to get from IGR Airport (ARG) to Foz Iguaçu town (BRA)

Hi there,

There is no public transportation from IGR to Brazil. You can either hire a taxi or a remis, which is what I would do. They can take you to Brazil and it should cost around $35.

San Leandro, CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: How to get from IGR Airport (ARG) to Foz Iguaçu town (BRA)

Thanks. So the Argentinian Taxis can cross the border and take me all the way to Foz do Iguacu town in Brazil?

What is a remis? (as opposed to a taxi)?

Edited: 7:30 pm, October 26, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
131 reviews
3. Re: How to get from IGR Airport (ARG) to Foz Iguaçu town (BRA)

A remis is a car service. They can both go into Brazil.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
4. Re: How to get from IGR Airport (ARG) to Foz Iguaçu town (BRA)

Lest anyone get the idea that there is NO public transportation (bus) at all in the area, do remember that on both the Brazilian and Argentine sides, there is a cheap local bus that runs from the town, passes the airport, and goes to the park entrance. Another bus runs from the bus station in the town of Foz to the one in the town of Puerto. For touring, these serve well. However, with luggage, I agree it's not the most efficient way to get from IGR into Foz, if your budget allows for a taxi.

San Leandro, CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: How to get from IGR Airport (ARG) to Foz Iguaçu town (BRA)

How do you hire a Remis instead of a Taxi?

Are the rates different?

Does a Remis have to be coordinated in advance?

6. Re: How to get from IGR Airport (ARG) to Foz Iguaçu town (BRA)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 26, 2011