We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazil vs Argentina

Which Foz do Iguacu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Noz
expat in philly
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Brazil vs Argentina

Hello - off to Brazil (Rio) on Wednesday for Xmas. We have a two day trip to Foz de Iguacu - once there can you easily go across to the Argenitinian side? I think our trip is viewing from the Brazilian side.

Seattle, WA
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazil vs Argentina

No, you'll need to book this with a guide. I was there earlier this year and I can't remember the name of our guide, but he was excellent. I'm sure your hotel will be able to hook you up. The drive to the Argentina park entrance is, I think, about 45 minutes from the Brazil side (I stayed at the Tropical). We had wanted to go on our own to the Argentina side, but the border/driving situation seemed like a pain and there was a terrible wait for non-tour groups. My advice: if you do anything with a guide in Iguacu, do this trip with one, it's so much easier. They'll probably take you for lunch after as well!

We stayed for 4 days in Iguacu and could have stayed longer, the place is fabulous. The bird park is wonderful, as is the Maruco Safari ride. We also went to Tres Fronterias (where Paraguay, Argentina, Brazil meet) and to Itaipu Dam (interesting).

Have fun - I'm jealous!