We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6am departure from IGU

Which Foz do Iguacu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Marcos
Level Contributor
78 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
6am departure from IGU

Hello all,

I will be catching the 6am departure from IGU to GIG on Gol Airlines and needed some practical information.

Specifically: a) if we have bags to check in, how long before 6am should we be at the airport and b) at that hour, what are my best bets for transportation to the airport? Should I try to arrange for a taxi the night before? Are buses available?

any help is much appreciated,

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 6am departure from IGU

Transportation from where (to the airport)?

Cinnaminson, New...
Level Contributor
88 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6am departure from IGU

We had a flight at about 6:30 from IGU to MAO. We got to the airport about an hour early and we thought that we could carry-on our small suitcases. (The airline agent weighed our bags and said that they were too heavy to carry-on and that they must be checked.) We had no problems.

Can't help with the transportation question, as we had a private tour guide for the weekend who included transport to the airport. I assume that you're staying at a hotel. Have you thought about waking up a little bit earlier, and asking the front desk staff to call you a cab?

San Marcos
Level Contributor
78 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6am departure from IGU

WorldTravelingNJMum:

If you don't mind me asking..do you recommend your guide and how much did he charge for the all inclusive service (and what all did it include?)

Cinnaminson, New...
Level Contributor
88 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6am departure from IGU

I recommended our tour guide very highly. We used iguassufallstour.com. We booked a three night package, which included the hotel. (All prices are on the website.) If you already got hotel, perhaps you can ask for just the prices for the tour itself.

We liked the tour package, because it included everything that we wanted to do. Our tour guide was Ed, and he was really good. It's the low season now for tourism, so hopefully someone should be available.

I recently posted a review of the bird park here (tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g303444-d737…), a review of the Mercure hotel here (tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g303444-d654…) and a recent web posting of my three days in Iguacu (tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303444-i4551-k201…). If you have any more questions, you can feel free to contact me through the private message service.

Good luck and happy travels!!

Utah
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 6am departure from IGU

Check in was fast and easy at Iguacu and taxis are available at all times of the day and night. YOur hotel can get one is a minute. However, remember that if you are flying GOL, VARIG or OCEAN AIR you are restricted to 23 kilos total weight and your carryon cannot be more than 5 kilos. Therefore, they almost always make you check your carryon and include its weight in your 23 kilo total and put it toward your two bag limit. THe amount you are allowed to take internationally is much more than you are allowed on the domestic Brazilian flights and they will charge you for being overweight or having too many bags. You can only really take one regular bag and one carryon size bag that do not add up to more than 23 kilos total. On the plane you can take the equivalent of a purse or a small backpack because 5 kilos is hardly anything!

6. Re: 6am departure from IGU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 30, 2009