We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Nights - From BA to Iquazu to Rio

Which Foz do Iguacu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 Nights - From BA to Iquazu to Rio

Hi everyone,

Very usefull info here. One specific questions for my trip in a couple of weeks. Flying from BA to IGR (Argentian side) on Saturday afternoon 26 Jan, and leaving on Monday 28 afternoon Jan from IGU (Brazilian side) to Rio de Janeiro. So, I want to sleep 2 nights at the falls

Questions:

* Am I correct that it is probably the best to go directly from IGR airport - cross the border - and sleep for 2 nights in Foz do Iguazu (BRazil)? I am thinking of Hotel del Rey. What is best transport, costs?

* Planning to go early on sun 27 by bus back to Argentian side to see the falls there on my full day . End of day back to Braz side. Travel by bus seems best to me.

* On monday 28 morning see the brazilian side in morning, mid afternoon to IGU airport and fly to Rio (Carnaval, I cant wait).

Please advise, and please give me some recommendation on transport. Rob and others, your first info was already really helpfull.

Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Nights - From BA to Iquazu to Rio

>Am I correct that it is probably the best to go directly from IGR airport - cross the border - and sleep for 2 nights in Foz do Iguazu (BRazil)?<

I agree. You don't have much time and arriving in the afternoon means most your first day is shot anyway. Best to use that time to get settled in and better not to lose part of your second day switching hotels and countries. Also, your departure flight is more time sensitive so you want to eliminate as many uncertainties in time as possible. Arriving from airport to hotel may take you one hour or two and a half. Either way you'll use whatever time you save. Departing is a different story. If you reserve an hour to get to the airport from the Argentine side, you may not have enough time, if you reserve two and a half hours, you may waste an hour and a half.

Best transport will be either cab (quicker) or bus. Haven't been down recently so I can't give you any idea on present costs.

>Planning to go early on sun 27 by bus...end of day back to Braz side. Travel by bus seems best to me.<

If you're going for the day, I agree again. The bus will be hassle free, and most economical. It will mean you will arrive with a hoard of others however but chances are, there will be many at the falls anyway by the time you arrive. Hotel del Rey is very handy for bus connections and the in-hotel travel agents will help you a lot here. If you're watching pennies, however, try to find out how much more or less it would cost if you bought bus ticket and park admission separately, compared to buying a package.

>On monday 28 morning see the brazilian side in morning, mid afternoon to IGU airport and fly to Rio (Carnaval, I cant wait).<

You already know what I will say. Get to the Brasil park entrance as early as possible to make the most of your time and enjoy the best light and coolest temperatures for the falls, take in the bird park if you have time, and don't miss that flight!

Now about the Carnaval....

Enjoy your trip. Sounds like you'll have a great time. Rio during Carnaval is exciting (especially if you are male between 20-30 yrs.) but you do need to be much more conscious of your personal safety in Rio. No gold chains or watches, no flashing the bankroll; not paranoid but just be aware of what you're doing and what's going on around you at ALL times.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Nights - From BA to Iquazu to Rio

Thanks Rob, this gives me a good feeling, assured how/when to go now, and booking to Del Rey can be made now.

About Rio & Carnaval, have you been there as well? You write.. especially when you're male between 20-30 yrs, why is this? I can image some good things, but anything special you experienced...?

Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Nights - From BA to Iquazu to Rio

You're welcome. I've messaged info. about Rio on your tripadvisor message email rather than converse off-topic on this forum about Rio.

4. Re: 2 Nights - From BA to Iquazu to Rio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 06, 2009