We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Moving to Curitiba

Austin, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
American Moving to Curitiba

Hello all (or, judging by the lack of posts...few). My name is Brian and I am here to find out more information about moving to Brazil, mainly Curitiba.

My first question is: How can I MOVE there? I read about travel visas, but I really want to live, work, and make a life there. How can I get a visa that allows me to live there and, possibly, even gain dual citizenship. Any of you have experience with this?

I know sometimes they will let you into the country if you have special skills, so here's mine. I'm a recent college graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Entrepreneurship (basically, anything to do with business). I am also a State of Texas and National Registry Certified EMT-Basic and, by the time I move to Curitiba, I will be a State of Texas certified Fire Fighter. Think any of these will help me or that I might have opportunities in Brazil with this background?

I do not know Portuguese yet, but I have about 10 months to work on it and a roommate that needs to learn it as well, so, hopefully, I should be able to at least get by when I move there.

Anyway, I have a million other questions and really don't want to bombard everyone. Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you for your time.

Austin, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: American Moving to Curitiba

No? Nothing?

michigan
Level Contributor
418 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Moving to Curitiba

I suggest that you contact the Brazilian consulate for your area (you can google it). They will probably let you know the legal information on this topic.

Good luck.

florida
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: American Moving to Curitiba

Hi Brian, my name is Carol,im brazilian from Curitiba, and its a great city there, very clean, lot of nature , lakes, and great transportation ,model in the world. Has over 2 million people, yes is a big city, capital of Parana state, 400 miles south of Sao Paulo.

The best way to be a citizen is to married a brazilian, and thats not difficult cause brazilian girls love american guys (i been married myself with an american for 5 years), and i know a lot from there i could try help you, i just would like to know how . I'll be going to Curitiba in 2 weeks, and will be there for 3 weeks, so i would be interest to know too why you moving and why you choose Curitiba.

I wish you good luck for now, and if you can give your email i could contact and try help you more. Otherwise we talk in here.

Tchau

Carol.