We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belo Horizonte advice

new jersey
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Belo Horizonte advice

Bom dia!

Voce pode me ajudar?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I'm looking to travel to B.H. for the World Cup (but posting on a seperate thread as I hope other travelers coming at a different time may also find the advice useful).

-I'm looking for a neighborhood/section that has pubs, restaurants in close proximity of each other, an area that is known for strolling (walking) around, meeting other folks. Some may describe as Bohemian. Local places that may have live music would be a plus.

-Also am looking for advice on whether it is worth it to have a rental car or rely on public transport. I've already decided a car in Rio and S.P. is not worth it, but will it be useful here? I'm looking to go out to some of the towns (Ouro Preto, Tiradentes etc....) I'm a big fan of touring churches, cathedrals etc....

Lastly, what would be the best way to get to the stadium? It seems to be located away from the center of the city.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Muito Abrigado!

Elizabeth, New...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Belo Horizonte advice

Bahio Santa Tereza, is a neighborhood of Belo Horizonte... it has some of the best bars from boutique high end, to the bohemian scene you are looking for.

12. Re: Belo Horizonte advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 11, 2015