We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Ouro Preto end of December

Which Belo Horizonte hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Ouro Preto end of December

Hello,

I was planning to spend 2 days in Ouro Preto, including travel time. However it looks like even at the end of December (summer), it rains pretty much every day

Is this the local experience as well? What's the best time to go there then?

Thanks!

1. Re: Weather in Ouro Preto end of December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:09 am, July 31, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Ouro Preto end of December

Not sure why the post had been removed. I didn't read any sollicitation or offensive comments. Anyways...

As for Ouro Preto: I checked and more than 75% of the time it rains at that period (according to wunderground). Lonely Planet also warns about it. So as much as I hate it, it's going to be for another Brazil trip

Not sure if there are any sites in Bahia (Salvador or on the coast south of) that can compensate to some extent (Small colonial towns, even though I know that Ouro Preto is much more than that)

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
43 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Ouro Preto end of December

Spartac,

You're right about the rain... Sometimes it rains for 10 days in this time of the year without any time to rest from the wet time... Nevertheless, at the South of Bahia it can rain as well. Have you taken a look at Olinda in Pernambuco??? It doesn't have the food of Minas Gerais, but the view is amazing. And it's HOT all over the year, I mean, it's in fire, like an oven!

4. Re: Weather in Ouro Preto end of December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 25, 2014