We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best prepaid mobile data for Brasilia

Which Brasilia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
272 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best prepaid mobile data for Brasilia

I am so confused trying to look for the correct answer to this...Which one has the best network coverage? It appears some have released packages just for World Cup...Are these correct and updated? I can't seem to find anything on Vivo. I can see the website but I can't see an option for an English website.

CLARO - R60 300mb on 4Gmax (seems very expensive)

http://www.claro.com.br/clarovisitors/english

OI - R40, valid for 30days UNLIMITED MOBILE DATA BUT after you use up 10mb of data, speed will be reduced (any idea what speed level we are talking about here?).

oi.com.br/oi/…oi-pre-paid-kit

TIM R25/week for 1.5gb (1mbps for 3g, 5mbps fro 4g)

tim.com.br/sp/…tim-visitor

AND ON APNs, will the stores change this for you? Or I need to search this up beforehand?

Thanks

Brasília, Brazil
Level Contributor
71 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best prepaid mobile data for Brasilia

- Claro has the best network coverage, but it´s expensive.

- Oi: Speed will be reduced to 512Kbps, you can still use your browser and whatsapp with no problem, but download data and streaming video will not be easy, but still works.

- Tim, always the cheaper, but with the worst service.

You should try OI.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
272 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best prepaid mobile data for Brasilia

Thank you Felipe.

But what about VIVO?

Will the store change the APN settings for you?

Brasília, Brazil
Level Contributor
71 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best prepaid mobile data for Brasilia

Vivo is the same as Claro, good network coverage, and prices a lil bit over Oi and Tim. Dont worry about APN, usually when you start using a new Company you receive a message with automatic changes for you. any problem theh will help you at local stores...

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best prepaid mobile data for Brasilia

Hi there fellow Singaporean!

I am heading to Brasilia and Sao Paulo for three matches. Leaving on 26 Jun but have just started planning the itinerary! Haha.

When are u leaving? Have you selected a mobile plan yet?

5. Re: Best prepaid mobile data for Brasilia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 24, 2015