We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

Which Brasilia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

Hi, I am starting to search for accommodation in Brasilia for the WC 2014 season.

So far I have found nothing affordable!

Do you have any suggestion on where to stay, or , if you manage to book somewhere reasonable (aprox 150$ per night on a double room) let me know.

Please share your experiencies

australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

Hi

I am going to Carnival in 2014 and found the price of accommodation just outrageous . It took weeks and finally found something I could afford just, not

cheap but I refused to pay $160 US per night to sleep in a mixed dorm in a hostel with 8 other people. I found that VRBO site was great. It allows private condo owners and private travellers to rent condos. Cheaper that hotels and better than backpackers. I got a condo for less than the cost of a backpacker, with my own condo one street back from the beach with it own security. The owner I contacted was great, replied quickly to my emails and very helpful. I suggest you book early as it only gets more expensive. Hope that helps.

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

Thanks Sophie...will check it out!

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

I've contacted a few more hotels asking for their availability for June -July 2014.

Some of them have already replied saying the dates for the WC are still close and they believe they will start selling rooms around mid December - beginning of January.

Some of these hotels are: Bonaparte Bluepoint Hotel, Garvey Park Hotel, Kubitschek hotel, Laguna Plaza, Aristus.

Will keep you post!

Edited: 2:14 pm, December 02, 2013
Brasília, Brazil
Level Contributor
71 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

The hotels are going to be preaty expensive for the dates. You should try airbnb or a local B&B program that the governament is lauching this week. I´ll get more info and let you know. The hotels located in the middle of the city are all 15-20 waling distance to the stadium.

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

Thank Felipe!! looking fw to the info regarding the hostel :D

Abu Dhabi, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

Hi Felipe,

any update with regard the B&B program?

Thanks,

Chadia

New York
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

I just saw this and I am trying to find a link to where we can see these B&B options I am really stressing about accommodations right now I just has someone today quote me $10,000 US Dollars for a one bedroom apartment.

estadionacionaldebrasilia.com.br/portal/…

Cheers,

Magic97

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

Hi...

I am still trying to find a place for 3 nights in July in Brasilia...prices are outrageous!

I found the FIFA website where you can book in hotels that have a pre-agreement with FIFA for the WC. (hotels.fifa.com) they supposed to be 'Affordable'.

Booking through the FIFA website, the cheapest price offered for 3 nights, 1 room, max 2 guests per room is USD 914.49 @ Bittar INN hotel.

Honestly I think this is a rip off and I don't understand how people will manage to stay in Brasilia at this cost!

I have contacted a few people on VRBO...but also getting very hight quotes!

If any have an email of a condo owner that can recommend I appreciate that info.

Good luck

Ohene
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

Trying Booking.com. There are a few hotels going less than that amount for 3 nights.

Brasília, Brazil
Level Contributor
71 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation/Hotel/Hostel during the World Cup...

This is the B&B the local government is developing. But i think it´s still under construction because even in portuguese is hard to understand. There is no price, calendar and book information.

www.camaecafebrasilia.com.br/Servlet…

If you are all worried with accomodation, keep in mind that the Brazilians who will watch the games are also with the same problems. Everything is inflated.

Have you tried the hostel: hostel7.com.br