We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

We would be flying in around 1600 and looking to get to Rio Quente or Caldas Novas that night to visit the Hot Park and Bird Park the next day. sonumresortvocepode.com.br/en/associates-res…

There isn't much online in English I only know it's about 300 km. I am hesitant to drive because my Aussie licence is automatic only and most cars in Brazil are manual. What bus companies do that route?

São Paulo/Brazil
Level Contributor
292 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

I think you can hire automatic cars in here. Have you tried with the car companies?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

Automatic cars are very expensive over R$600 per day plus gas. Buses would be much cheaper.

Martinez, California
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

How do I find out more about taking a bus from Brasilia to Caldas Novas? I don't speak Portuguese, and I will be traveling with my 8-year old son. Thanks.

sarahmstearman@gmail.com

4. Re: Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, September 17, 2011
Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
113 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

There is a metro station on the bus station. Anapolina is the company that takes from Brasilia and get you to Caldas Novas http://www.viacaoanapolina.com.br/site/

55 61 33615165

I think a taxi from bsb airport to bus station will be around R$ 20,00 You must say "Rodoviaria Interestadual" or "Nova Rodoviária - perto do Park Shopping"

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

There are buses every day from Brasilia to Caldas Novas at 7:30 am, 7:40 pm, 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm (at 8 on Fridays only). The company that makes this trip is "Viação Anapolina". The ticket price is R$ 50,10. The trip takes about 5 hours.

If your flight arrival coincides with the departure times of buses, you can take a taxi to the new Interstate Bus Stop, a way that is done in about 15 minutes (if no traffic jams).

The bus to Caldas Novas does not stop at Rio Quente, but goes straight to the Interstate Bus Stop of the city, so you'll have to go by taxi or hire a shuttle service directly to the Rio Quente Resort (61-37014999) that will cost R$ 90.00 (this value can carry up to 4 people).

I suggest you make your hotel reservation in advance, especially if you plan to go during the weekend! This is not a tour that is made in a single day. You should take two or three days at least.

Hope to help!

Good trip!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

Thank you for such detailed information, this is exactly what I needed to know!

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

I'm happy to help you! When I wrote the tips, I thought you had already traveled, but still I decided to risk writing. If you need more help, you can email me (renatarms@ig.com.br). It won't be easy for you to communicate in English here in Brasilia, but I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

I'm happy to help you! When I wrote the tips, I thought you had already traveled, but still I decided to risk writing. If you need more help, you can send me an email. It will not be easy for you to communicate in English here.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Brasilia to Rio Quente/Caldas Novas

Hi Renata, my trip isn't until Sept 2012, so plenty of time, I'm just an advance planner!