We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brasilia with baby

Which Brasilia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Brasilia with baby

We are going to Brasilia in June to visit family and to introduce our new baby (now 16 months). I have traveled to Brasilia with my husband several times and we have seen the popular tourist spots. Any ideas regarding things to do suitable for families with small children?

Has anyone been to Bay Park? Would you recommend this?

How about the Zoo?

We will be there for 2 weeks and are hoping to see some new places.

São Paulo/Brazil
Level Contributor
292 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brasilia with baby

You may try "Parque da Cidade" and the other one they call "Água Mineral". The zoo sounds great, but I´ve never been there.

You may also do day trips to other cities, such as Pirenopolis.

But I´m curious, have you ever been to "Palacio Itamarati"? It is a very good visit and they have guided tours every day and in English.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Brasilia with baby

The best thing for kids, IMO, are the two gigantic swimming pools at the Parque Nacional. One or the other is usually open, but the one with the mineral spring is nicer (older too though). You can find shade there for the baby. Just watch out for the monkeys that steal your stuff. :-) I'd spend the whole day, every day, there given my druthers.

Have you taken a trip to Caldas Novas to the hot springs?

Reviews in Portugues here of Bay Park don't sound good.

travelpod.com/hotel/Bay_Park_Resort_Hotel_Br…

Level Contributor
5 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brasilia with baby

Tznoni, I havent been to Palacio Itamarati. how is that? Is Parque da cidade within the city?

tcantarelli, I have been to cadas novas. pretty cool! we were actually thinking of going there!

São Paulo/Brazil
Level Contributor
292 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brasilia with baby

yes, parque da cidade is within the city limits.

Itamaraty is near Praça dos 3 Poderes. It´s a very interesting palace, beautiful, with decorated walls.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brasilia with baby

Parque Cidade is walking distance from the hotel district and is very nice. In June it may be almost perfect. On the far SW corner there is an amusement park called Nicolandia and although its not overly impressive there are some "decent" kids rides and the passport is relatively inexpensive. Palacio Itamarti is excellent and is on the bottom right (heading towards the lake) of the ministries. The zoo is definitely worth a visit and is almost free. June should be cool enough that you won't die in the sun while seeing the red clay covered elephants. There is also the Botanical Gardens that could provide a nice afternoon.

Level Contributor
5 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brasilia with baby

Thank u Boracho! I'll pass along this info to my husband (he's Brazilian, from Brasilia). He took me to the outside of the Palacio but I didn't know you could tour inside. We will definitely check out the Parque too! I'll ask my family about the amusement park. We were also thinking if Pirenopolis. Thanks!

7. Re: Brasilia with baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 23, 2012