We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brasilia to Salvador

berlin
14 posts
Save Topic
Brasilia to Salvador

I would like to ask about the best to travel from Brasialia to Salvador.

How much does the cheapest airfare cost and by which company? Is the bus recommended? How much does it cost and what would be the most logical and nice place to check out and spend one night to cut the busride in half?

Thank you very much for your kind answer, it is appreciated!

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Brasilia to Salvador

Bus or plane.

Here is a list of airlines to use doing your research. (You won't be able to purchase online with all of them though.)

Brazilian airlines:

VARIG

TAM

GOL

Meta

Trip

Fly

Pantanal

WebJet

OceanAir

RICO

Abaeté

Air Minas

NHT

Team

TAF

Puma

Passaredo

A page with a link to the ANTT (main Brazilian bus) site with directions for use:

http://www.backpackingbrazil.com/?q=node/47

i suppose you could stop in the Chapada Diamantina for a couple of days, but personally, I would fly.

berlin
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brasilia to Salvador

Thank very much you for your answer!

I will surely check out these aircompanies. Any ideas about the cheapest ones, anyone?

Salvador
Level Contributor
456 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brasilia to Salvador

OceanAir, Azul and Webjet are usually the cheapest airlines. Unfortunately none of them fly this route (OceanAir did when it was partnered with BRA)

Your options for a direct flight are essentially GOL and TAM.

Bus vs. plane? I can think of better ways to send my vacation than on a bus between Brasilia and Salvador.

berlin
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brasilia to Salvador

Jorge Antonio Salvador,

Thanks for the Webjet tip - they have a connection from Brasilia to Salvador with more reasonable prices than TAM.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Brasilia to Salvador

How do you intend to purchase from Webjet at the online price you saw?

berlin
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Brasilia to Salvador

You are right this is a problem. It might be difficult. Maybe I will try to arrange the flight when I'm in Brasilia.

Thank you.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Brasilia to Salvador

For an entirely different, and probably higher, price.

Salvador
Level Contributor
456 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Brasilia to Salvador

Not necessarily, unless things have changed with Webjet. With TAM and GOL it's true that you can't access the lower online fare through an agent or in person but I can recall buying a ticket pretty much on the spur of the moment with Webjet at the same price as online.

Now I suppose it's entirely possible that the Webjet employee who sold me the ticket was in error but it was my experience on that occasion at least that I got the same fare buying in person. Of course by the time you arrive the current promotion may not be still be running.

Just as general tip, it seems that unless you have a locally issued card having an American express card is a useful item for making purchases with Brazilian airlines.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Brasilia to Salvador

The WebJet 'online chat' cistomer service lady told me last time, when I was trying to locate a valid Brazilian credit card so I could buy online, that they "couldn't guarantee" the same fare......and indeed I had one fare up on a page, waited an hour or so, and went back in to the site to find the fare had halved, so even online things can change rapidly.

berlin
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Brasilia to Salvador

Thanks once again! I'll I have to sit back and ponder my options.