We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rua Djalma Ulrich- Copacabana

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rua Djalma Ulrich- Copacabana

Hello,

2 questions:

1) I am renting an apartment on Rua Djalma Ulrich for one week in March.

On a map and in pictures it looks nice and safe.

Can someone let me know what its like?

Are there food markets near by?

Also,

2)Can someone suggest some words or phrases which will be necessary for a tourist to survive in Rio?

I am learning a little portugese and can order a drink and ask where the bathroom is and say obrigado, etc... anything else?

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rua Djalma Ulrich- Copacabana

Ebuzzm, Send the map so I can take a look. Lonely Planet has a great Brazilian phrase book.

I'm close to NJ, so send me an email and maybe we can talk, I have a lot of experience in Rio (good and bad).

tripadvisor999@hotmail.com

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rua Djalma Ulrich- Copacabana

I found it on the map, it's an okay area, pretty resedential, the side street, those running perpendicular to NS Copa and Av. Atlantica are pretty seedy afterdark. It's close to a supermarket on NS Copacabana, HELP disco, and other things like that (if that's what you're into). If you want something a bit more safe and less seedy, I suggest you look for an apartment in Leme, the opposite end of the beach where you are now.

glasgow
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rua Djalma Ulrich- Copacabana

hi ebuzzm

are you renting from gringo manegment ?if you are can you leave a post when you get back as we are trying the same area , Thank you johnp

4. Re: Rua Djalma Ulrich- Copacabana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:29 am, August 29, 2009