We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the service ATM

Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
801 reviews
Save Topic
the service ATM

He Brazil wake up! Banks wake up! 2013, with the games and the Olympic at your door and so much trouble to get money from a ATM. After 20 days, more than 20 machines and I had to borrow money. And I am not the only one, so many around complain of the same problem. I was ready to leave the country!!! The only country on 120 I had a similar problem was Ethiopia....?????!!!!!

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the service ATM

it is always best BEFORE traveling you TO ASK your bank TO UNBLOCK your card for use in BRAZIL ;-)

this is especially the case for travelers from the European Union.

here in Salvador we rarely have problems with ATM machines except sometimes by the end of the weekend or during a strike of banking personel ...

the best ATM's are found at Banco do Brasil (1000R$ per card per day limit, HSBC or Bradesco only allow 600R$ per day) with the lowest cost.

Greetings from the tropIX

Ivan Bahia Guide

2. Re: the service ATM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 28, 2014