We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fortaleza beaches north Jericoacoara or south to Natal?

Lafayette...
9 posts
Save Topic
fortaleza beaches north Jericoacoara or south to Natal?

My wife and I are planning on tripping west of Fortaleza along the beach, as much as possible, with a rented 4x4. From the info we gathered, so far, we plan to hang out in Icaraizinho for two or three days (any recommendations on places to stay...with AC prefferably?) and do a little kite surfing....hopefully surfing too (any tips would be great?). From there we plan to head, again as much as possible along the beaches, to Jericoacoara where we plan to use a a base camp and do day adventures for a few days.

From what we've been able to gather form the web so far, this looks like a great adventurous laid back trip where we can kit surf, day trip adventure and enjoy the culture. Any Tips would be great!!!

All of that sounds great but I've been told we should look at the beaches south to Natal. We could fly into Fortaleza and out of Natal instead of backtracking to Fortaleza from Jeicoacoara. Again any tips would be great. We fly out of San Francisco Nov 22.

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Natal
Natal
State of Rio Grande do Norte
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
519 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fortaleza beaches north Jericoacoara or south to Natal?

I would go from Fortaleza to east Natal and then south (many wonderful beaches) until time to go back home by plane.

Enjoy our country!

Mentioned in this post
Natal
Natal
Lafayette...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: fortaleza beaches north Jericoacoara or south to Natal?

Hey, thanks for the reply. Are the beaches better south than north? And, we're planning on some Kite surfing, I'm assuming there's plenty of that to be had along the way?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
601 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fortaleza beaches north Jericoacoara or south to Natal?

I also rented a 4x4 in Natal before and wil be renting one this Christmas. I did both the beaches from Natal to Fortaleza and Natal downwards to the state line of Paraiba. I prefer the beaches south of Natal because they are closer to one another and there is more to see and do, like the very famous Pipa.

I will probably be doing them again during the Christmas Holidays.

To the North of Natal , I like Praia dos Touros at the easternmost geographical point of Brazil . Huge, with very white sand and also dunes and unspoiled...

Edited: 7:08 pm, October 23, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Natal
Natal
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
601 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fortaleza beaches north Jericoacoara or south to Natal?

Be sure to have a guide with you in the car. It is worthwhile ....I usually hire a guide in Natal...

Mentioned in this post
Natal
Natal
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
519 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fortaleza beaches north Jericoacoara or south to Natal?

Yes.

6. Re: fortaleza beaches north Jericoacoara or south to Natal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 05, 2013