We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the beach

Birmingham,
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
the beach

I was just wondering how the beach was at Praia do Forte and whether anyone thats been to the Villa Dos Carais hotel could give me some information about it. thanks

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the beach

I went to Praia do Forte once and liked the village a lot. However, I found the beach not so nice... the sand was not the whitest and the beach was very rocky. I'm talking about the beach next to the Tamar Project, in the centre. I don't know if the beach at the Villa dos Corais is the same.

Personally, I think Morro de São Paulo's beaches are the best in Bahia.

Birmingham,
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: the beach

Thanks Brasu for letting me know about the beaches. Is the beach that you reccomend close to the center of Praia do Forte? The hotel that i am staying at does not have a beach so id like to find one thats nice. What activities/ excursions would you reccomend. thanks

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the beach

You're welcome. Praia do Forte is located about 150 kilometres north of Salvador da Bahia. As I said before, the beaches near the village are not very nice, but I've heard there are very nice beaches to the north, along a route called 'Linha Verde'. Some places, such as 'Sítio do Conde' or 'Mangue Seco', are known for their beauty, but I've never been that north.

Morro de São Paulo is situated about 200 kilometres south of Salvador da Bahia. It's a very beautiful seaside resort but unfortunaly you won't be able to go there on a daily excursion from Praia do Forte - it's way too far away.

Salvador is a very interesting city. I highly recommend a daily tour to the city, especially to the historic quarter, 'called Pelourinho'

For more info on Salvador and surrounding areas, I recommend this site (It's in English):

http://www.bahia-online.net/index.htm

south africa
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: the beach

We only have time to go to either Porto Seguro or Morro De Sao Paulo which should it be?

south africa
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: the beach

We only have time to go to either Porto Seguro or Morro De Sao Paulo which should it be?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the beach

Morro de Sao Paulo, for sure! Its beaches are better than those found near Porto Seguro.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
683 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the beach

Brasu,

That is high praise for Morro do Sao Paulo seeing as two beaches to the south of Porto Seguro (Praia do Espelho and Curuiva) are considered some of the best in Brazil. I haven't yet been to either one but am going to Salvador and Porto Seguro (Trancoso) at the end of October. Very much looking forward to seeing that area as I am told it is very beautiful.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the beach

I've been to both Morro and Porto Seguro and I can say Morro's beaches have whiter sand and cleaner water. Apart from that, its beaches are safer in terms of security.

Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the beach

Hi,

I have just got back from hotel Vila dos Corais (my review should be up in 24 hours). The hotel is really lovely (small with lots of character). There is a nice pool to dip in (not really for a serious swim though). The breakfast is great and rooms very nice (and spotlessly clean).

As for the beach - I really liked it. Its a soft pale golden sand. If you walk for five to ten minutes away from the Tamar project past the sun umbrellas there are less people (especially when the tide starts to come in).

More people are on the beach when the tide is out as it reveals interesting little rock pools full of tiny colourful fish.

Hope that helps.

10. Re: the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 24, 2009