We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jardim de Alah Safe area?

Which Salvador hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Jardim de Alah Safe area?

We are staying in Jardim de Alah area in Salvador for the World Cup. Is this area safe? Any input is appreciated.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
44 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jardim de Alah Safe area?

Hi , I live in Salvador. It is reasonably safe, but its not a very touristic area, and it is very far from touristic points.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jardim de Alah Safe area?

if your rationale for staying in Jardim de Alah is because the Fifa Fan Fest area is supposed to be there, just be aware that there have been some recent comments that it may move somewhere else.

nothing is confirmed yet, but just keep an eye open for FIFA's final announcement on where FanFest areas will be.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
433 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jardim de Alah Safe area?

After a bit of research, I opted to stay in the Barra area because many said it's the safest and had plenty of bars and restaurants. With the ride across town to get to the FIFA Fan Fest though traffic, I might not even go there the 2 days days I don't have tickets to the game. I want to check out the Fan Fest sites in the cities I visit, but I'm not sure they will be better than the bar districts. In any case, for my preferences I opted to stay in the safest tourist areas near to a good bar scene instead of choosing to stay near the Fan Fest sites.

Edited: 3:52 pm, January 21, 2014
ireland
Level Contributor
563 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jardim de Alah Safe area?

Same here. I chose the Barra area too.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jardim de Alah Safe area?

I am going for the World Cup but its for my husband...what is the FIFA Fan Fest area and what does it entail?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jardim de Alah Safe area?

here it is:

fifa.com/aboutfifa/…fanfest.html

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
66 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jardim de Alah Safe area?

Jardim de Allah is okay but the beach is horrible, aka poopoo beach.. Barra is a great but not too safe, so be careful!

ireland
Level Contributor
563 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jardim de Alah Safe area?

Oh, I had thought that the Barra area was supposed to be reasonably safe?

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jardim de Alah Safe area?

Well Finbarrk,it is safe by the oceanside where you have alot of police patrol.But further into the neighbourhood it becomes another picture.It comes with very dark streets,a favela near by and if you are not aware of the sorroundings.Well the oppertunity of a poor fellow will knock on his door.

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Jardim de Alah Safe area?

Hi, The FIFA Fan-Fest is now confirmed for "Jardim de Alah".

I guess the police will cover the entire beach area.

We will stay in front of the Lighthouse (FAROL DA BARRA), which is much more touristic, about 15 minutes by a bus from your location.

Have fun you all....