We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion on 5 day stay in Salvador during WC 2014

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion on 5 day stay in Salvador during WC 2014

Hi

We are a group of 11 adults (3 couple + 5 singles) who will b visiting Salvador during 30 Jun - 5 Jul'14 to apply for a 2nd round match in Salvador on 1 Jul along with visiting Salvador & Lencois must sees. We already booked our flight & hotel.

Salvador Plan:

We will b landing at 11 pm in Salvador airport coming from Brasilia on 30 Jun.

Our booked hotel is Pousada Stella Tropical, Address: Rua Lídia Borja, 207, Stella Maris Salvador (Bahia), 41600-550. 8 km far away from airport & 30 km from stadium/ city center!

Our preferred WC match is at 5 pm on 1st Jul

We will b starting for Lencois on 1st Jul night bus. Reach lencois on 2nd Jul early morning.

We will check in at Pousada Lua de Cristal, Add: Rua dos Patriotas, 27, Lençóis, CEP 46960-000, Brazil

We will visit nearby must sees like chapada on 2-3 Jul.

We then return to Salvador by night bus & reach on 4 Jul morning.

During 4-5 Jul we visit salvador must sees.

We will start for Sao Paulo from Sal airport at 755 pm.

Queries:

1. Transport suggestion (taxi/ bus/ rent a car) costing & travel time for the following routes:

a. Sal airport to Hotel by bus/ taxi

b. Hotel to Sal city center & stadium by bus/ taxi

c. Salvador to Lencois by bus

d. Lencois must sees visit by rent a car.

2. Are the hotels & surrounding area in Salvador & Lencois safe?

3. What will b the must see areas in Salvador & Lencois within our planned visit time. Salvador: 2-2.5 days & Lencois: 1.5-2 days.

4. Any suggestion on special food item in Salvador/ Lencois and need recommendations on restaurants near hotel/ city center areas in both the places.

Thx

sheehan

Campinas, SP
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion on 5 day stay in Salvador during WC 2014

Sal airport to Hotel by bus/ taxi: around 20 reais by taxi, 15 minutes or so. There's probably a 2.80 reais bus but I wouldn't advise it, specially if you got bags.

Hotel to stadium/old city: around 60 reais, 40 minutes to an hour if traffic is not too bad. Again, you can reach it by regular bus, but it is slow, goes through some bad areas and is often crowded.

The area around the hotel in Salvador is fairly safe.

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion on 5 day stay in Salvador during WC 2014

Thx Lucas. On Salvador can u recommend some must see areas to cover by 2 days?

Also need the info for Lencois/ Chapada Diamantina. Any1 to help pls.

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion on 5 day stay in Salvador during WC 2014

There are nice place to visit in Salvador like anchient churches, Pelourinho, Mercado Municipal, Praia do Forte You can take a city tour. But the best beaches are outside the city. If you have just a day, you can take a boat to "Ilha do Frade" Frade Island . That´s a pity you don´t have time to visit "Morro de São Paulo" if you have more time ( I love the beaches there and nice small hotels that you can stay). There are typical foods that there are just in Bahia, anyway, ask if thereis or not too much spice in the food there. Welcome to Brazil! Each region of the country is like another country in the same country, all of them speaking Portuguese.

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion on 5 day stay in Salvador during WC 2014

My friend and I were thinking about spending a night or two at Morro de Sao Paulo between Salvador matches. Any idea what the atmosphere would be like for watching the Brazil-Mexico match on TV, which I assume will be televised on the island despite its rustic nature ;-)

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestion on 5 day stay in Salvador during WC 2014

For sure there are TVs all over the country. During Brazilian games, the country really stops, everybody is in front of TV.

The atmosphere will be a party one. Streets decoreted, parties to watch the game, streets, beaches, bars, clubs, hotels, everywhere there will be TVs and people together cheering for Brazil, a lot of jokes, food, drinks, friends, neighbors, people who meet for the first time together. I guess you will have many choices where to watch the game in Morro de São Paulo island (paradise)! Perpaphs a special places where everybody goes.

I bet you will have a great time, Brazilians are very friendly and loves sharing their passion for football. Welcome to Brazil!

6. Re: Suggestion on 5 day stay in Salvador during WC 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 25, 2015