We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

Which Salvador hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Merano, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

Hi hope you could give me some advise.

We arrive late at night at the airport around 1am than we have the next day in Salvador de Bahia and the day after we're going to Praia do Forte. We're looking for 2 nioght accomodation and maybe also airport transfers. We also like to get a guidet tour in Salvador de Bahia. Hope somebody could give us some information! Thank's a lot...

1. Re: 1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:02 pm, August 30, 2012
Merano, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

hi thank's for the advice, i'll conact the pousada Estrela do Mar, it seems really nice.... i tought of the city tour, because we have only 1 day and the next day we'll go to praia do forte so we want to get the most out of 1 day.....

do you know how much it be from salvador do praia do forte? thank's a lot..

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

For restaurant recommendations in Salvador, check out http://www.menumixx.com. The site is a restaurant guide for travelers to Brazil and it provides complete menus for each of the featured restaurants. Really great tool for those who don't speak Portuguese.

Merano, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

www.estreladomarsalvador.com unfortuatley already fully booked, do you have any other advice?

thank's fo the restaurant recommodation

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

@Babsi..try Pousada Papaya Verde or Pousada Azul.Two great pousadas that are really great.Both can be find here on tripadvisor with reviews.

Edited: 2:51 am, August 27, 2012
6. Re: 1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:02 pm, August 30, 2012
Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

Well Mauricio

Cleaness,great breakfast,great beds,great staff and big rooms.Both pousadas have this and if that isnt comfort,i dont know what is.

Reading the reviews of Estrela do Mar and Pousada Noa Noa it seems they have some flaws to work with.

I would highly recommend Pousada Papaya Verde which have greater value than Pousada Azul.

Merano, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

Could you tell me why most of the pousadas tell me they are booked out and I could book them on booking.com? I prefer to book directly because I know they have to pay commissions to booking.com.

Hope you could help me again...

Vatican City, Italy
Level Contributor
760 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

When are you planning to be there? It could be that you are arriving on a holiday and booking.com aren't aware of their vacancy rates. There can be a disconnect with samll businesses and these big agregator websites.

Merano, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1-2 days in Salvador de Bahia

we're going from the 08.12 to the 10.12.2012