We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An afternoon and evening in Salvador?

London
Level Contributor
385 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
An afternoon and evening in Salvador?

Hello,

I'm taking a trip to Bahia in November, and we're spending a few days on Boipeba and then heading to the Chapada Diamantina for a week. We're then going to spend one night at Iguazu before heading home. We were going to get an overnight bus from Lencois to Salvador, and then catch our 8:20am flight to Iguazu from Salvador airport the next morning. However, the flights from Lencois to Salvador have now changed, so we now have the alternative option of having one day less in the park, and flying from Lencois to Salvador (which costs barely more than the bus!), landing around midday, and then spending the afternoon and evening and overnight in Salvador before flying to Iguazu the next day.

Does anyone have a view on whether it's worth spending such a short time in Salvador or am I better off enjoying an extra day in the Chapada?

Thanks all!

Mentioned in this post
Lencois
Lencois
State of Bahia
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
Earth
Level Contributor
441 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An afternoon and evening in Salvador?

I think some time exploring Pelourinho would be an interesting addition to your trip.

http://www.bahia-online.net/Pelourinho.htm

Mentioned in this post
Pelourinho
Pelourinho
13,919 Reviews
Salvador, BA
Santos, SP
Level Contributor
357 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An afternoon and evening in Salvador?

Pelourinho is nice but far from airport.

Itapuan is a nice beach, near from the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Pelourinho
Pelourinho
13,919 Reviews
Salvador, BA
London
Level Contributor
385 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An afternoon and evening in Salvador?

Thank you both. I had thought that if we did it we would go to Pelourinho as it sounds more interesting - I'm not sure it's worth it just to go to a resort type city beach - is there anything in Itapuan apart from the beach? How long in a cab would it be from the airport to Pelourinho?

Thanks again.

Debbie

Mentioned in this post
Pelourinho
Pelourinho
13,919 Reviews
Salvador, BA
Earth
Level Contributor
441 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An afternoon and evening in Salvador?

Airport to Pelourinho should take about 30 minutes plus or minus depending on traffic.

Mentioned in this post
Pelourinho
Pelourinho
13,919 Reviews
Salvador, BA
London
Level Contributor
385 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An afternoon and evening in Salvador?

Thank you. I think we are going to take the flight and spend the afternoon and evening in Pelourinho.

Thanks for your help.

Debbie.

Mentioned in this post
Pelourinho
Pelourinho
13,919 Reviews
Salvador, BA
6. Re: An afternoon and evening in Salvador?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:11 am, October 17, 2013
7. Re: An afternoon and evening in Salvador?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 29, 2012