We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praia Do Forte

leicester
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Praia Do Forte

Hi Im due to visit the new Iberostar Bahia in Praia Do Forte Oct 06 have they started building it yet or will it be a building site ( Hope not!!! ) Please can any one advise me of trips that you can do from there such as jungle trips etc Thanks Julie

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
244 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Praia Do Forte

If you read my reply to the other query on this forum about the Iberostar Bahia, you will see that it is due to open in April. I ahve also posted details where you can get further inforamtion.

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Praia Do Forte

I was told that this hotel was to open in December 05. We have booked to go on 2nd June 06. So I am now more worried than you are!

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
244 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Praia Do Forte

As I said Previously, if you go to www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index/php and click on general questions you will find the email from Iberostar under the heading Iberostar in Brazil where I posed the same question as you are asking. You should be fine in June.

west midlands...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Praia Do Forte

Don't panic! We're booked in Iberostar Bahia for early may, like you we were getting very concerned that we might end up at a building site! i e-mailed Iberostar and they replied saying the hotel will be open and fully functional with all facilities up and running on 8th april 2006. Hope this helps

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
244 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Praia Do Forte

Iberostar Bahia is now on Iberostars website.

dk1
UK
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Praia Do Forte

Hi

I am due to go on my honeymoon July 07, whoever goes this year, please, please, please report back and let me know!!

Thank you Donna

rhondda
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Praia Do Forte

Hi

I have booked a holiday at Iberostar for 5th may 2006. I have been very concerned and have therefore contacted m travel agent and Thomas Cook. It seems that the hotel is not ready but they are hoping that it will be ready for the guests who arrive on May 6th but it seems that only part of the hotel will be operational and painting etc will still be taking place. The situation is unacceptable. I suggest that you conatact your travel agent asap and request confirmation of the situation. The more people who applypressure on the travel agents the better. hope this helps you - I will update when I receive further information. I have been promised an update via Thomas Cook who ave an agent in Brazil supposedly checking n the current situation.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Praia Do Forte

Hi

The Iberostar website states that the hotel is not open until 1 June!! It would appear that everything is more or less ready (they now have proper photographs on the website as opposed to artist's impressions) but if you have booked your holiday for May you will not be going. Your travel agent will obviously offer an alternative or perhaps change your holiday dates. Thankfully I am booked for October 6th otherwise I would not be very happy at all.

manchester
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Praia Do Forte

We have just returned from Praia Do Forte and can confirm that the Iberostar although not completed is a fantastic hotel, with gorgeous friendly staff and wonderful food. The third phase of the hotel is not yet completed but the ongoing work was in no way intrusive. We went to Rio de Janeiro for three days, it cost about $386 each and was well worth every cent. The hotel also runs trips to Salvador for shopping and a cultural tour round the city which was once the capital of Brazil.

The entertainment staff are great and very energetic but if you like the quiet life there are sunbeds on the beach. Hope this is helpful.

Cheshire
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Praia Do Forte

I too am due to visit the Iberostar Bahia in Praia Do Forte on October 6th, I have nothing to the contrary so hopefully the building will be complete. Anyone who has visited recently please let me know what it is like.

Sue