We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

England
5 posts
Save Topic
SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

Could anyone help with some conflicting advice there seams to be on this site! It appears that many people loved or hated their trip here and had different experinces with the hotel/rep/trips etc, could someone give me the TRUE FACTS on the following!

Trips - I have been informed that Bahia Adventure that are based in the hotel do the same trips as First Choice, some have said they are better, some have said cheaper, some have said the same, some say English, some say not - Can anyone tell me FOR SURE?? Also is the trip to Rio better to do once there or at the start of the holiday???

Weather - I know its a Tropical Destination and as such Im expecting rain while we are away, but will is it likely to rain the entire time as a general rule in Aug???

First Choice - My main consern is that we will have a rep around in the area, we have been away before with other companies and have never seen a rep, we once had a real emergancy and were very stuck without someone there.

Flights - 'Sitting Together' I am a nervous flyer and want to be sure I will be sat next to my husband. We have been told the seats in Premium depend on when booked as 'Sitting Together' is not available as EVERYONE gets 'Group Seating' This unlike 'Sitting Together' Only ensures that we will be sat close to eachother, eg across the isle or one behind the other (Which makes sense if its given to everyone on this section, and is the same as most Business Class Services) However in Premium you can pay an extra amount to 'SIT TOGETHER' what experiences have people had with this?

Many Thanks

Sarah

England
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

Thanks again for all your advice, think Im prepared now and looking forward to a real adventure in Brazil. I was very nervous before after hearing all kinds of horror stories, but it appears that the only poor reports are from those less used to raw tourism and the natural beauty they poses.

London
Level Contributor
181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

Have a great trip, when exactly are you going? Be sure to let us know your thoughts on your return.

John

England
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

Will be going Mid June :D

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

hi Sarah,

Right lets put everything into prospective.We have just got back about 3 weeks ago(may 15th)We had a fantastic time and so will you.The weather was over 90 degrees every day,so take high sun factor.It did rain a few days,dont forget you will be near the rain forest.Cant say for sure about sitting toghether on the plane,we got there early and asked to sit toghether and we did,so go early, as for the rep,you wont have a problem, her name is elaine and she is fantastic.She also lives in the hotel and is even approachable in the evenihgs when not on duty.

We done all our trips with first choice,they were excellant,all the guides spoke english and they are very knowledgable.Cant say anything for the bahia travel as we didnt use them.If you are going to Rio and havent booked it will cost you about £800 for 2 people for 2 days.Not really worth it,we were told by some people who done the trip.A lot of travelling involved,you start at 02:00am with a 2 hour coach ride to salvador airport,2hour wait for plane,2 hour flight to Rio then all the mucking about to get to hotel.Bit of warning a couple got mugged,but it was their fault,went out on their own.The trip to salvador is just as good.the hotel is excellant,we couldnt find anything wrong with it,very,very,clean bars great,all premier drinks available,food fantastic.the entertainment isnt brilliant but ok,the beach is great but the water is very rough,but warm.Its a bit noisy around the pool as they have loud music playing.just incase you like a late drink the disco,is open untill 2,but next door is the piano bar which is open untill 4,that is were we were always to be found.the staff have limited english,but are great.Well i could go on about this place all day,it was a great holiday one OF, if not the best we have had.So go and enjoy it,just take note of this advice and dont listen to the negatives from others,anymore questions just ask,have a nice time.

MAGGS

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
884 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

Mags, thanks for the feedback - it's helpful to many. Hope you'll have time to contribute again with your fresh information. And, most importantly, I hope you are interested in returning to Brazil and visiting other destinations, too. If so, count on the TA Community to help out as well as possible.

From your posts and several others I have come to notice that First Choice seems to be very organized and choose very good locations and hotels - good to know in case someone else requires help.

Obrigado!

Watford,UK
Level Contributor
324 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

Mags,

Thank you very much for your report. It is very helpful for me as we are going in July with First Choice. We have booked the 5 day Salvador/Rio/Iguassu trip followed by Breezes.

Onw thing in your report concerns me. Our 5 day package does not include excursions which are optional and extra. We are experienced travellers and feel confident we cam take taxis etc and see the sights by ourselves. We have done so in Africa and Asia without problems before. But you say a couple was mugged because they went off on their own ? Are you saying it was advisable to stay with the tour group at all times when out and about ? Or did they just go into a dodgy area at night where they should not have been ? Do you have any more details about this ?

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

Hi,

Sorry i i might have put the willies up some of you referance going to Rio.Yes one couple did get mugged,but it was their own fault.Apparantly they did not take the advice given by the tour guide,and wandered into the wrong area.I also spoke to another couple who did the trip,they said that they went everywhere on their own,travelled on the metro,buses,taxis and even walked around,they just kept to the areas they were told to and had no problems.You will however encounter a lot of young children begging,you will be advised not to give them anything,if you do you will be swamped with them,the tour guides will ask them to go away.There is also a lot of street venders trying to sell you somethig,they are persistent but harmless,if you do by something barter with them,i bought some stone jewelry,it is made of crushed lava and nice for casual wear.They wanted £50,i got them down to £3.

Mags

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

Hi Scouse

Relax, Costa Sauipe was designed for foreignors, its a giant complex of hotels with total security, and total blandness. You'll find an ATM at Breezes, and at least one in the Village, and every place takes Credit cards. In Praia do Forte, musch the same except the small vendors, who use cash.

I was in Breezes with my wife, daughter and inlaws, 3 years ago and we were bored, nice place, but we are used to resort where we mix with the local people. IF you are foing there, be sure and Go to Praia do Forte, and if possible Salvador.

By the way the Buggy tour on ATV's is great, and includes floating down a river in a tube.

Ciao

swansea
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

hi scouse ,me and my girlfriend were at breezes in may this year. we had a great holiday and the staff at breezes were some of the friendliest i have come across and we,ve been quite a few places.

i do agree that it is basically on a purpose built complex with other hotels so you dont get to see the real brazil unless you go on some of the trips.we did the rio 2 day trip which is costly about £350 each and in my opinion not really worth it for that price.a lot of different people come onto you while you are there either trying to sell or ask for money but you expect that .a word of warning if you go into the sea on copacabana beach make sure one of you stays behind to mind your belongings as another couple had their belongings taken while they were swimming.

anyway have a good trip and im sure you will enjoy breezes.

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
355 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: SuperClubs Breezes Brazil - Trips/Rio

Is this hotel and msg board closed? No activity on here or in reviews for Breezes.

Get answers to your questions about Costa Do Sauipe