We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba diving close to breezes Brasil

Which Costa Do Sauipe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba diving close to breezes Brasil

Does anyone know if there is scuba diving available close to this resort during October ?

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba diving close to breezes Brasil

Salvador is known especially for its wreck diving.

Here is a link to descriptions wih a list of dive operators in Salvador:

www.braziltourism.org/diving_salvador.html

I will email a more complete list. Most of the operators are in the city of Salvador though, whereas Breezes is a couple of hours north of town. The resort complex advertises diving, so maybe contact them directly for details.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba diving close to breezes Brasil

Thank you

That will help me make a decision as to if I take my own dive gear to Brasil

What will the air/water temperature be like in Early October?

Is ther anything we should not miss whilst on holiday in this area

Thanks again for you help

Eccie

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba diving close to breezes Brasil

Air temp should be in the 80sF. Water temp is warm enough for me to swim laps for an hour in the morning. As far as needing a wetsuit for scuba, I can't say. Contact Dive Bahia; I think they speak English./are American.

The site at www.bahia-online.net will provide you with enough suggestions for things to do around Salvador to keep you busy.

Also take a look at this very complete posting of things to do, esp. #4 (take out the spaces before using--this site wouldn't post it whole):

thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/messagepost.cfm… 1457599&messid=12859202&STARTPAGE= 1&parentid=0&from=2&iCountryId=233

Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scuba diving close to breezes Brasil

When are you heading to Costa Do Sauipe. We are divers also and are going to be at the Marriott Oct 7-15. The only diving I found was very expensive.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
110 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scuba diving close to breezes Brasil

Eccie, there may be scuba diving operators in Sauípe, but my friends tell me diving in Bahia (the province you´re visiting) isn´t that great. You can even bring your gear over, but don´t expect too much of your dives, since water in Brazil (except for Pernambuco and Arraial Dajuda, among a few other spots) tends to be greenish and visibility isn´t that good.

Yes, you will need a wetsuit. Even though Bahia is a warm place, dives usually take place in open water, not isolated reefs or bays (such as Caribbean, for instance), and thus can become cold after a few minutes of immersion.

The dive in the resort will certainly be expensive, since this is a top notch resort, where only wealthy brazilians go, and, accordingly, prices tend to be high.

The place itself you´ll be staying is great - you won´t even have to leave the complex if you don´t want to. As you may know, they have a wonderful golf course with marvelous ocean view, a club where you can ride horses, wonderful kayak and horseback tours, a small faux Bahia village where you can buy souvenirs, dine or watch live local musicians every night, tents by the ocean to take massage sessions, etc, etc ,etc. But you can always find time to go outside for a few tours. You should go to Praia do Forte, a scenic small village, where you can visit TAMAR project, a place where they grow sea turtles. You should also visit Salvador, which is a wonderful city with lots of views (beaches, historic neighborhood Pelourinho, local market, etc).

Hope this helps.

6. Re: Scuba diving close to breezes Brasil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Costa Do Sauipe