We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Manaus International Airport

Which Manaus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Taxi from Manaus International Airport

I'm arriving Manaus from Panama on Saturday September 21 around 19:00 and need to get to the Blue Tree Hotel. It sounds like the process is relatively straight forward, but I don't speak much Portuguese. Will it still be possible to manage my way through paying for a taxi and getting to the correct hotel?

Or should I get something written up in Portuguese that I can hand to the driver?

Thanks

Manaus
Level Contributor
155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Manaus International Airport

No problem at all. Just write the name of your hotel and give it to the driver. The airport is a small one and is undergoing renovation, there's only one exit, so there's no way you will somehow get lost. If you have any other doubt, feel free to PM me.

Manaus
Level Contributor
311 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Manaus International Airport

Cost of the taxi R$59.00

Edited: 3:30 pm, September 16, 2013
San Francisco
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Manaus International Airport

That's right, as reply #2 indicated, your taxi will cost R$60,00. This price is tabulated and is the price for just about anyplace you want to go. Inside the airport there is a currency exchange office "Confidence Cambio" where you can exchange your money. Be sure you get it in small bills because hardly anyone will have change for R$100,00 or R$50,00 bills. You can catch a black taxi from the curb just outside the airport.

Enjoy your trip.

4. Re: Taxi from Manaus International Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 22, 2014