We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Manaus

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
14 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to Manaus

Hi,

I am looking to fly from Rio to manaus in sept/oct of this year and flights are looking to be around 780BRL to 880BRL, this seems quite expensive. I am looking at the wrong airlines? Is there a cheaper way to get there?

Any help would be great.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
593 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Manaus

The distance between Manaus and Rio is 4.374 km or about 5 hours by plane almost the distance between London and New York. and that is one of the reasons the flight is never goind to be inexpensive.

Just to make sure, try the different Brazilian Airlines and compare prices. Like Tam, Gol and even Avianca.

Also it is probalby going to be cheaper if you make a stopover on the way..

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
14 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Manaus

Cheers, I get why it could be expensive but just wanted to check that this was the price and that their werent any cheaper deals/airlines out there. I will check out what youve suggested. Thanks x

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
593 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to Manaus

Flights to Manaus are expensive. Maybe you will find something a bit less expensive but not anyghing so much more inexpensive. Manaus is far, even for the most Brazilian capitals.

Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to Manaus

You can also try Azul, with a connection in VCP (Campinas).

Avianca Brasil doesn't fly to Manaus.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
36 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to Manaus

Try using skyscanner, I got a flight for a friend for 400BRL with GOL. Although you're looking very far in the future, a lot of the lower cost flights don't go on offer that early.

I'd recommend looking 6-8 weeks beforehand for the cheapest flights, I picked up that 400BRL flight for my friend around 2 weeks before the date.

6. Re: Flying to Manaus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, April 25, 2016
7. Re: Flying to Manaus

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:58 pm, April 24, 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying to Manaus

if you look at decolar.com, dont forget to go all the way to the end of the process (just before having to actually pay).

in the Brazilian version of the site, decolar.com does NOT show all fees and taxes until the very end.

in any case. I look at decolar to quickly determine best prices, but then I book at the chosen airline's own website to avoid decolar fees.

london
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying to Manaus

I have been advised by my friend in rio to book prior to leaving uk. Mich cheaper

10. Re: Flying to Manaus

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 28, 2014