We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries / shuttles from Manaus to Belém

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Ferries / shuttles from Manaus to Belém

Hello all,

I am trying to find a few things:

1. Are there fast shuttles between Manaus and Belém, e.g. those that take anywhere from 1-3 days? If they take multiple days they'd need to have cabins. My boyfriend and I will be coming from Iquitos by slow boat (9+ days) and we are meeting my mom in Manaus, so we don't need to take another 4-5 days on boat to get to Belém (but we do want to travel by river). We have searched for such things online but are only finding forum posts about the slow boats or tour operators that don't go to Belém.

2. Are there any tour operators that do 2 or 3 day tours of the Manaus area, especially indigenous tribes? We have been talking to a few but some of them don't have cabins, and my mom won't be able to do the hammock thing.

Any recommendations / thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anjuli

Manaus
Level Contributor
311 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries / shuttles from Manaus to Belém

Let me see if i understood,you asked for shutte boats between Manaus and Belem but you dont want take????? are you looking for boats from Manaus to Belem???? if so manausjungletours.com/en/boat-tickets.html in this website you will find the boat schedule,prices and etc...

Hope this help.

Edited: 9:08 pm, July 19, 2011
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries / shuttles from Manaus to Belém

Hi ManausManualencar,

I was saying that I want to take a *fast* shuttle between Manaus and Belém that can arrive faster than the 4-5 days the usual shuttles take.

As far as a tour goes, I was looking to do that separately, since they usually start and finish in Manaus. I'm taking a look at the link you sent. Thanks!

Manaus
Level Contributor
311 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries / shuttles from Manaus to Belém

exist speed boat from SANTAREN TO BELEM or MANAUS/TABATINGA.

jungle tour probably you have to do around Manaus,separated.

Warsaw, Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferries / shuttles from Manaus to Belém

the boats sail at Christmas.? we want to flow from Santarem to Belem 23 December. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Manaus
Level Contributor
311 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferries / shuttles from Manaus to Belém

yes,there is boat during the christmas but must be booked in advanced.

Warsaw, Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferries / shuttles from Manaus to Belém

thank you :)

greetings from Warsaw

7. Re: Ferries / shuttles from Manaus to Belém

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 10, 2012