We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle Tour - Amazon Riders

Which Manaus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Jungle Tour - Amazon Riders

Hey

I just wanted to write a quick review of my experience of a jungle tour with the Amazon Riders company in manaus because I see there is a lot of debate surrounding the manaus jungle tour companies, and I think people deserve to read a genuine review!

Myself and a group of 7 friends arrived in manaus to a bit of an onslaught of guides approaching us and attempting to convince us to hire them for our jungle expedition; we decided on Amazon Riders after comparing prices and details of the trips...we did a 3 day 2 night long trip into the jungle, and I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my whole 7 months trip to south america and even maybe my life!! - our guide was fantastic, even managed to find us a sloth which was our biggest ask! we stayed the first night camping wild in hammocks in the jungle, and the second night was relative luxury in a jungle lodge. we went on a jungle trek, saw the amazing pink river dolphins, went piranha fishing, saw spider monkeys, parrots, our guide also caught a caiman with his bare hands which was pretty impressive to a londoner like me! all in all it was a fantastic trip and I would absolutely recommend the Amazon Riders tour group to anyone and everyone! Also a giant tarantula crawled up my leg when I was having a shower in the lodge which is a good story to tell my friends!!!

Joanna

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
884 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle Tour - Amazon Riders

Please share more of your 7 months in South America. Where else in Brazil did you stay and for how long?

Austria
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle Tour - Amazon Riders

hi Joanna!

I yould like to know who your guide was. Me and my friend would like to take an amanzon tour. I read good and bad things of the amazon riders,so I am a bit alarmed.

Thanks for your answer

Carina

3. Re: Jungle Tour - Amazon Riders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 01, 2009