We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Anacortes for overflow skateboard event on Lopez

seattle
1 post
Save Topic
Parking in Anacortes for overflow skateboard event on Lopez

I hear everything is going to be packed for this event. Anyone know if anyone in town is going to offer additional parking? I'd prefer to drive on but if I don't make it, I will park and walk on. I've been warned that the parking near the ferry terminal may fill very quickly because of this skateboard event. any suggestions? Thanks.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Anacortes for overflow skateboard event on Lopez

See the WA DOT Ferry bulletins for all island events, and be warned:

wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/schedule/bulletin.aspx

Given these activities, I'd walk on. Go early. Re: parking lots:

…wa.gov/search/#q=parking%20lots,%20anacortes

Edited: 10:20 pm, August 15, 2013
San Juan Island...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Anacortes for overflow skateboard event on Lopez

Yes, local news stories have also been warning of high amounts of traffic to Lopez because of this event and as the WA state ferry service says for this weekend :"Ana/SJs: Lopez Skateboard Park Event - Reminder

On Saturday, Aug. 17, a skate park dedication event will take place at the Lopez Center Outdoor Pavilion. Customers should expect a heavy increase in passenger and vehicle traffic to Lopez beginning Friday, Aug. 16 and continuing through Sunday Aug. 18. On Saturday, Aug. 17, a 9:55 p.m. sailing from Lopez to Anacortes will be offered to alleviate extra traffic departing Lopez after the event." as well as "Ana/SJI - Heavy Traffic Wed-Sat For San Juan County Fair Expect heavy traffic Wednesday, Aug. 14-Saturday, Aug. 17 due to the popular annual San Juan County Fair on San Juan Island. Please plan ahead and arrive at the terminal early in order to make your desired sailing. " so it might well be advisable to park and walk on this weekend especially going to Lopez then get a ride with other ferry riders going to that event on Lopez when you get to the island. There are additional lots near the Anacortes ferry landing that are not owned by WSDOT and charge a bit less too....at the nearby closed restaurant Charlies right before the ticket kiosks you'll find 3 lots which I've never seen anywhere close to full yet plus the Ship Harbor Inn motel also has a lot or two on the other side of the street from Charlie's

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,951 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Anacortes for overflow skateboard event on Lopez

I didn't think the lots at Anacortes ever filled, even on 4th of July weekend (that's what a ferry worker told me a few years ago, and when I went up this 4th of July weekend indeed there were spots).

4. Re: Parking in Anacortes for overflow skateboard event on Lopez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, May 14, 2015