We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sidney BC to Anacortes Summer ferry schedual

Which Anacortes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
154 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sidney BC to Anacortes Summer ferry schedual

Does anyone know what times the ferry from Sidney to Anacortes runs in the summer? I can only see the winter and summer schedules right now. I'm planning a trip to Disneyland and need to get from Victoria to Seattle. I'm trying to decide what time to book the flight, and trying to see if we can do it all in one day or if we should go over the day before and fly out in the morning. I've taken the Anacortes ferry and the clipper before, and I prefered the Anacortes ferry because of the price and the fact the kids can get up and move around on the boat. But when we took the Anacortes ferry last May, it only sailed from Sidney once a day at noon.

Friday Harbor...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sidney BC to Anacortes Summer ferry schedual

The summer schedule will not be announced for several months. *Usually* it has not varied much from year to year for the summer Sidney BC run from Anacortes. That 2012 schedule is at www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/pdf/2012Summer.pdf and shows they did a noon and 5:55 pm sailing from Sidney to Anacortes then.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,804 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sidney BC to Anacortes Summer ferry schedual

many days there is lots of traffic from North Seattle thru downtown so if i had to be at the airport I'd be more comfortable taking a morning plane unless you have lots of time. Perhaps taking 405 to bypass Seattle might be a good idea.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sidney BC to Anacortes Summer ferry schedual

New ferry schedule is out on March 24.

Play with Google Maps between Sidney and Victoria, and Sea-Tac.

You could take the Coho Ferry to Port Angeles then on to the airport via Tacoma. This route skips the Seattle freeway traffic but you could run into Tacoma traffic.

Depends on time of day re: rush hour traffic and which route appeals to you. You'll have access to express lanes on all, I believe, routes, at some point, if you are driving in the morning traffic.

Editing here: I live on the "eastside" of Seattle, and sometimes that 405 southbound traffic can be as bad as I-5. Generally, however, the express lanes do allow a fairly fast commute to the airport.

Edited: 2:53 pm, February 09, 2013
Central Saanich...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sidney BC to Anacortes Summer ferry schedual

wsdot.com/ferries/…

shows the spring schedule which, I believe is the same as the summer.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sidney BC to Anacortes Summer ferry schedual

Thanks; I should have said "New ferry schedule begins on March 24." Here is the schedule duration: Spring 2013 [Mar 24, 2013 - Jun 15, 2013] Will post a summer schedule, 2012, which will probably be the same for 2013.

Edited: 10:20 am, February 10, 2013
Green Valley...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sidney BC to Anacortes Summer ferry schedual

What is the 2013 summer sailing schedule? Don't know specific dates, but the 2012 summer began Sunday, June 17 and ended Saturday, Sept. 22.

Here's the 2012 summer schedule; note the additional ferry sailing during the summer months:

…wa.gov/NR/…SJSu2012v1_6public.pdf

7. Re: Sidney BC to Anacortes Summer ferry schedual

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, March 16, 2014