We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place for Lunch Near Ferry to San Juan Islands

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Place for Lunch Near Ferry to San Juan Islands

I'm planning trip to San Juan Islands on a Saturday in mid-July. I'd like to take the 2:45 p.m. ferry. I know I need to have my car in line early.

I'd love to get in line and then have a nice lunch. Any suggestions of places within very easy walking distance of the ferry terminal?

Thanks.

Seattle, Wash.
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Place for Lunch Near Ferry to San Juan Islands

There are two places: Cheesecake Cafe and Charlie's Restaurant. Both should be avoided.

I would buy a sandwich/burrito/anything else from town and bring it with me.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place for Lunch Near Ferry to San Juan Islands

Also, Lopez Islander Bar & Grill5320 Ferry Terminal Road, Anacortes, WA 98221-4043(360) 293-6600‎. If you park in line, it's a bit of an uphill walk to get there.

Never ate there, just FYI.

The cafe at the ferry terminal is limited as in very basic... As suggested by another, I'd eat in Anacortes, or bring food, get to the terminal early and walk around.

Edited: 9:53 pm, March 11, 2010
Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
238 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place for Lunch Near Ferry to San Juan Islands

We've had lunch at the Calico Cafe in Anacortes twice. We certainly were not disappointed. Seemed to be quite a few locals there, which tells you something. Not within walking distance to the ferry terminal.

4. Re: Place for Lunch Near Ferry to San Juan Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 08, 2010