We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When To Arrive For Ferry Departure?

Cocoa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
When To Arrive For Ferry Departure?

Could someone give me some advice regarding the ferry leaving from Anacortes, going to Sydney?

We have a reservation for our vehicle. (don't know if this makes a difference, but there are two adults, U.S. citizens traveling) The sailing is on Wednesday, September 19th at 8:25 am. Our reservation says we must be ticketed and in line one hour prior to sailing. My question is, what time do suggest we "arrive" at the terminal? We will be driving to the ferry terminal from Sedro Woolley, and are unfamiliar with the area. Even with GPS assistance I am a bit concerned about the drive. Do we need to allow for "rush hour" traffic as it will be early in the morning? Any helpful answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

3 replies to this topic
Renton, WA
Level Contributor
5,115 posts
1. Re: When To Arrive For Ferry Departure?

…wa.gov/Ferries/infodesk/faq/general_info/

Metchosin, Canada
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
601 reviews
2. Re: When To Arrive For Ferry Departure?

If you allow an hour to get from Sedro Woolley to Anacortes, it should be a little more than just enough time. IIRC, you'll have to cross a rail track and there are a lot of irritating traffic lights en route. Traffic through Anacortes is light. Sidney is your destination. The other one is on the other side of the continent..

Cocoa, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: When To Arrive For Ferry Departure?

Thanks. You gave me the information I needed. We will plan to allow an hour and a half to get to the terminal just to be on the safe side. I also appreciated your noting my spelling mistake with Sydney/Sidney. Very kind of you to point that out to me.

Reply to: When To Arrive For Ferry Departure?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted