We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San juan motel??

Which Anacortes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
12 posts
Save Topic
San juan motel??

hi, i'm considering coming to anacortes during the summer. I hear its a great tourist town, but i'm not sure where to stay. I looked on the internet and the san juan motel looked great. However, some websites said it was great and others said it stunk. On this forum itself, the person that said not to go there sounded like he lives in anacortes but has not actually stayed at the hotel. Could someone who has stayed there recently please help me out?? I have a family of 5 including myself, and would like to stay there for a few days. Thanks in advance.

Minneapolis
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: San juan motel??

We are coming from within the U.S. so we've been to Mcdonalds and Subway many times. The Chocolate Factory seems great and so does the rock fish grill. But we are staying for a few days. Are there any good places for breakfast or lunch?

Seattle
11 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: San juan motel??

OF course!! I just asked my husband. He says that Anacortes's Main street is Commercial ave. He says there is everything from fast food resturaunts to fancy sit-down places. He recommends Calico cupboard ( I'm not sure if i spelled that right). Its a great breakfast place. Also, considering that this is a small town, there is also some mexican, Chinese and Thai resturaunts. When you get to Anacortes, just look around, I'm sure you'll find something to your taste.

Minneapolis
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: San juan motel??

Fast food, chinese and mexican restaurants?? Is there anything, this little town doesn't have? I think i've finalized where we're staying during the summer. But what about the motel?? You said it gets busy during the summer. What about parking? My son just got his licence, and as i was typing this response, asked me if he could drive over. We are coming from minnesota, and we will possibly bring two cars. Will there be enough parking spaces? I really dont want my car parked on the curb.

Seattle
11 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: San juan motel??

Dont worry there will be enough parking. I think that it was just last summer that this hotel redid their parking lot. They have room in the front for small cars, and the back and the side for bigger trucks and suv's. I dont think you will have a problem finding a parking space!

Minneapolis
12 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: San juan motel??

As much joy as your response brings me, i'm not sure that was what i wanted to hear. My son is now running around the house, telling his sisters he will be driving. it's my worst nightmare. Although, i have to admit, one day i will have to let him go.. Anyways, this place sounds great. It has enough parking, good rooms, reasonable prices, and wonderful places to eat. Is there anything else I should know before making a reservation??

Seattle
11 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: San juan motel??

Not really. I think all the basics have been covered. Anacortes is a great tourist destination! an i think the San juan motel will be a great experience, like it has been for my husband and myself. There is a theatre nearby, a museum, a park, the marina and tons of resturaunts. One thing I would advise you to do, before making a reservation, is check the dates for the Anacortes Art Festival. It is the best time to visit Anacortes. other that that I have one more thing to say.... Bon Voyage!!

Minneapolis
12 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: San juan motel??

Thank you so much. I know i've kept you for almost an hour, but you've helped me alot. the san juan motel seems great, as does the city of anacortes. You have no idea how much stress you have lifted off my shoulders. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! and who knows, since your husband stays in Anacortes alot, we might bump into each other. but, whether we do or not, once again i'd like to say thanks!

Seattle
11 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: San juan motel??

You're Welcome! i always love to help a fellow american. Actually, i like to help anybody, i can help. Let me now how your stay goes.

Minneapolis
12 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: San juan motel??

don't worry, i will. Thanks again!

20. Re: San juan motel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 29, 2009